Favourite mug?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nigeyy

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
There's something so quintessentially 70's about that isn't there? I love mug designs that are simple, this fits the bill, lovely mug.

The plughole logo was rather prophetic.

View attachment 572596

OP
OP
Nigeyy

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Thanks for the Marmite mug shot. I have to be honest though, that mug design doesn't do it for me; it's just too... convoluted. I can't deny I have been on the lookout for a good Marmite mug, just haven't seen one I really like yet.

My wife has decided that life's too short to drink out of horrible mugs and has started collecting nice ceramics. Here's her latest acquisition:
View attachment 572530

I do have a specific mug which I absolutely must drink my morning coffee out of but that's for weird autistic reasons more than anything else I think. But as a tribute to the OP's avatar, and even though it's a pretty rubbish thing to drink out of, here's another one:
View attachment 572532

winjim

Smash the cistern
Thanks for the Marmite mug shot. I have to be honest though, that mug design doesn't do it for me; it's just too... convoluted. I can't deny I have been on the lookout for a good Marmite mug, just haven't seen one I really like yet.
It came in one of those Xmas gift sets with some crackers and what have you. To be honest, the narrow shape of the top of it makes it weirdly unsatisfying to drink out of so I hardly ever use it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is that your coronation mug behind it? It has survived well!

Yes,it's been in the family since bought in 1937!:whistle: But seriously,i got it from Accy market for £4.50 about 2 years ago.:smile:

1612706610772.png

1612706670330.png

1612706786869.png

IMG_20210207_141040.jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We're a bit north of West Brom but you could look at like that for those outside of the Midlands. The club is in a right old pickle. Our old Chairman owns the stadium we play at and we pay £400,000 a year in rent to play there. When he was Chairman he charged us still and he made no secret about it, it goes into his pension fund. So although we are not a club riddled with debt, we are a club stifled financially...
Get selling Walsall mugs and merchandise Dave!

You need to get together with the FA, your local Council and County to find land to play on which would be a fraction of the cost even allowing for the development of the new pitch and facilities... say £4 million to get started- that's only 10 years before your club owns their own ground outright at that rent!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Get selling Walsall mugs and merchandise Dave!

You need to get together with the FA, your local Council and County to find land to play on which would be a fraction of the cost even allowing for the development of the new pitch and facilities... say £4 million to get started- that's only 10 years before your club owns their own ground outright at that rent!
Ideas have been floated as such for years. From extreme, unrealistic once such as starting a new club to council involvement which has been looked into. The stadium does have good facilities that would benefit the wider community. Our new chairman Leigh Pomlett, has done an excellent job of steering us through the covid pandemic, like many other clubs our size, we are currently losing money every game we play and the past 2 games have been posponed due to waterlogged pitch, so we can finally get the club bus through its MOT :laugh:. Our chairman does want to reunite the leasehold back with the club but these are distant goals. Its difficult to imagine for supporters as we've been in decline for some years, probably since current Villa manager Dean Smith was our manager and the following March we decided to employ the Physio as our manager... No joke!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The 'Cycling' one I got from Ms A_T in 2009, the year we did the C2C. The 'I want to ride my bicycle' one is Mrs A_T's after she joined her local WI's 'Cycling for Softies' group.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 5

MntnMan62

Über Member
My favorite mug is actually quite pedestrian. I have a set of vintage Victor diner mugs. I religiously must drink my morning coffee from one of these mugs of perfection. They feel perfect in my hand and are thick and heavy so they keep my coffee hot for as long as it takes me to drink it. Here's a pic I took from the internet.

Image result for victor diner mug tan

OP
OP
Nigeyy

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Quality, quality, great choice!

For anyone interested: https://exploringupstate.com/how-victor-changed-the-coffee-mug/

My favorite mug is actually quite pedestrian. I have a set of vintage Victor diner mugs. I religiously must drink my morning coffee from one of these mugs of perfection. They feel perfect in my hand and are thick and heavy so they keep my coffee hot for as long as it takes me to drink it. Here's a pic I took from the internet.

View attachment 572658

Top Bottom