fellow cyclists dissapointed me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I consider myself very lucky that within 2 minutes of leaving my house im on country roads, its the open countryside that makes me enjoy cycling so much.
so with this in mind I was incredibly disappointed today when I approached my normal rest place (a bench in the middle of nowhere) just as a group of other riders were leaving it. there must have been at least 10 items of rubbish thrown on the floor consisting of empty energy gel sachets and wrappers from other energy bars. why couldn't they put them in their pockets and take them home with them?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wannabe racer nobbers on a Sportive no doubt.

Saw the same a month or so back when I was on a solo country run and got lumped in on a Sportive.
Saw loads of idiots throwing gel wrappers on the ground. Tossers.

Gary E

Veteran
I had a lovely ride through the New Forest today, fantastic scenery and lovely undulating roads. In the middle of nowhere we came across an abandoned sofa and a roll of carpet. There is no punishment too severe for these sub-humans!!!

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I found some fly-tipped cardboard a few weeks ago. I had my trailer with me so I fed it to the trailer until we found it a better home.

...any excuse to portage stuff in the trailer (and any excuse to talk about the trailer).

mustang1

Legendary Member
The idiots. And like every other idiot, incredibly difficult to educate (on why they need to take their rubbish to the bin).

pauldavid

Veteran
I had a lovely ride through the New Forest today, fantastic scenery and lovely undulating roads. In the middle of nowhere we came across an abandoned sofa and a roll of carpet. There is no punishment too severe for these sub-humans!!!

The carpet is easy enough, they probably just strapped it to the top tube of the frame. But the sofa is a different story. It's a very determined cycling litter bug thats prepared to strap a sofa to his back and ride for several miles to find a drop off point.

I bet the carpet on the top tube caused a bit of a chafe on the inside of the knee too!

Anyone on here got carpet related knee burns?

matthat

Über Member
I recently came upon a couple of guys, one of whom had split his inner tube, Neither had a spare so I offered mine, He then slung the knackered tube into a tree where it remains to this day dangling well out of reach. When I saw what he had done I refused to hand over my spare and rode off. I hope he enjoyed his walk home.

You legend!!! :laugh:

matthat

Über Member
The carpet is easy enough, they probably just strapped it to the top tube of the frame. But the sofa is a different story. It's a very determined cycling litter bug thats prepared to strap a sofa to his back and ride for several miles to find a drop off point.

I bet the carpet on the top tube caused a bit of a chafe on the inside of the knee too!

Anyone on here got carpet related knee burns?

Cue @fnarr

Top Bottom