Female Cyclist Record Breaker.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Apologies if this has been done. I tried a search and couldnt find anything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-38103221

I thought it was some achievement, but predict like the guy who ran all the marathons consecutively, she will struggle to just go back to work next week.
This thread has been following Kajsa's exploits all year: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/k...-dovey-81-miles-a-day-progress-thread.194380/

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Ah, I caught a bit of that on google but immediately dismissed it as she is American. (just kidding)

I'm assuming as she is doing laps, its not a popular attempt?

JD42

Hills are nature's way of culling the weak
Been following Amanda Coker on strava. She is riding on what appears to be a circuit in a National park in Florida..relatively flat...but she has been doing 370km a day for the last 230 days. Some going.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is a distinction between the two records. Kajsa isn't allowed to draft or ride a second bike, Amanda is on both counts (I believe she also rides a recumbant).

Similarly, Guinness are ratifying Kajsa's attempts. Can't think offhand who are doing Amanda's.

Both are amazing as far as I'm concerned but from a different perspective.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I suppose it would need to be flat to do that every day. I probably couldn't do it if I had a week.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
She outstripped it very early on!

She is already claiming to be the record holder, but technically isn't until her year is up.
I don't know if she is making any claims is she? I think she's just getting on with churning out stupendous miles. Or perhaps I missed that bit. The records, and the different sanctioning bodies and so on are another matter ...

But enough of that. Today's Kajsa's day!
upload_2016-12-31_18-46-10.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't think anything's formally come out of UMCA though, has it?
Maybe not ...

It was obvious very early on that the record would be destroyed by Amanda Coker as long as accident, injury or ill health did not prevent it happening. I just think it would have been nicer to have kept quiet and allowed Kajsa to claim the record first. This way, it is almost as though Kajsa never actually DID break the record because it had unofficially been changed before she got to it!

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Maybe not ...

It was obvious very early on that the record would be destroyed by Amanda Coker as long as accident, injury or ill health did not prevent it happening. I just think it would have been nicer to have kept quiet and allowed Kajsa to claim the record first. This way, it is almost as though Kajsa never actually DID break the record because it had unofficially been changed before she got to it!
Surely different parameters mean different records?

Top Bottom