Festive Fare: what are your Christmas "must haves"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Dark turkey meat

Tenkaykev

Guru
With both Mrs Tenkaykev and myself being veggie, we've had various alternative Christmas meals over the years. We'd often make our own nut roasts, and have tried various commercial offerings. What has become a firm favourite recently is Mcsweens veggie haggis. It really is very good. We have it with all the trimmings.
I worked with one chap who always had a Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie for Christmas dinner, the one that comes in a flat tin.

mikeIow

Guru
I love macaroni cheese. Imagine my delight upon discovering macaroni cheese pies when visiting our daughter in Edinburgh 👍

& precisely where in Auld Reekie was this discovery, pray tell?
Mine too is based in Edinburgh, and loves a maccacheese….could be worth her looking up when she returns after Christmas!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Pickled Walnuts

Tenkaykev

Guru
& precisely where in Auld Reekie was this discovery, pray tell?
Mine too is based in Edinburgh, and loves a maccacheese….could be worth her looking up when she returns after Christmas!

At the Co-Op in Porty. They always have them at the bread / sandwich / pies counter at the front of the shop. ( daughter lives in Porty and we visit regularly)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Pigs in Blankets... but i'm a fussy bugger and won't buy them ready rolled.

The sausages must be tossed around a hot frying pan before the bacon goes around them... thus cooking the skin and creating a far superior PIB.:okay:

Problem I have is I can't stand fat.
A small amount of crispy fat is fine but normal amounts on bacon makes me heave.
So pigs in blankets sounds good but I couldn't eat them.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Mini Cheddars, mince pies, port, cheeses. Parsnips.
Lidl's excellent Gluhwein.
Satsumas, a nice piece of salmon.
Quality chocolates.
Time off to enjoy it all 😉

Top Bottom