Film Top 10s - let's be having you!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeitup

Veteran
Top 10

well in no order :

Prodigal Son
Fist of Legend
Challenge Of The Masters
Hard Boiled
Heroes Two
Martial Club
36 Chamber Of Shaolin
King Boxer
Warriors Two
Heroes Of The East

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Not in alphabetical order:

Ice Cold in Alex
Great Escape
Italian Job
Thirteen Days
Nania
Das Boot
Class Action
Runaway Jury (plus most Grisham novel-based films)
Apollo 13
Lord of the Rings

I'm surprised the number of times 12 Angry Men has been mentioned - also a very good film.

Off the top of my head, in no order;

Old Boy
Life of Brian
Far from the madding crowd
Mullholand Drive
Pulp fiction
Whale Rider
Romeo+Juliet
Withnail & I
American Beauty
Fight Club

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
mikeitup said:
well in no order :

Prodigal Son
Fist of Legend
Challenge Of The Masters
Hard Boiled
Heroes Two
Martial Club
36 Chamber Of Shaolin
King Boxer
Warriors Two
Heroes Of The East

I'd have New Dragon Gate Inn and Drunken Master (along with Fist of Legend) if we're doing kung-fu films!

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
I'm a Friend of Nick! Please can I have:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - a smarter, snappier film was never made - an overlooked classic

Where the Truth Lies - the noir polar opposite of KKBB (not many laughs, but I found it very moving)

The Prestige - tremendously satisfying, even if you do spot the twist before it arrives

Kagemusha - requires patience and concentration, but looks marvellous, has a terrific score, and almost out-Shakespeares Shakespeare

28 Days Later - sheer visceral excitement without grossness

wafflycat

My list varies slightly with time, but the essentials are I suppose, and in no particular order:-

Singin’ In The Rain
Schindler’s List
The Shawshank Redemption
Casablanca
Forbidden Planet
Bladerunner
Star Trek: First Contact
Belleville Rendez-Vous
Gallipoli
To End All Wars
Spirited Away

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
theclaud said:
12 times?

Talking of numbers, I have noticed that your post count has now overtaken mine. If I were a gentleman, I would congratulate you, but as it is I shall have to slink away in disgrace and try to deal with my depression, all my self-esteem having now evaporated.
Nothing for it but to forget everything by watching the digitally re-mastered DVD of the classic film Lassie Gets Caught in a Rusting Mantrap.

:wahhey:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Forgot 48 Hours. Love that movie. All the more remarkable since generally I can't stand Eddie Murphy. But he & Voight - one of the truly great buddy pairings.

Oh, and what's that one where Robert de Niro is a bounty hunter who takes the 'I can't go on planes' guy back to the bounty hunter then lets him go? Fantastic.

(Sorry, I must be up to about 14 now. Might as well chuck in Withnail while I'm at it. 'GETINTHEBACKOFTHEVAN!")

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Unkraut said:
Talking of numbers, I have noticed that your post count has now overtaken mine. If I were a gentleman, I would congratulate you, but as it is I shall have to slink away in disgrace and try to deal with my depression, all my self-esteem having now evaporated.
Nothing for it but to forget everything by watching the digitally re-mastered DVD of the classic film Lassie Gets Caught in a Rusting Mantrap.

:biggrin:

Ah! Excellent. I hadn't noticed. When do I become a Tsar or a Grand Vizier?

Top Bottom