Films that make you go meh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

[QUOTE 2410492, member: 45"]Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

Bleurgh[/quote]
Was the film well regarded? I read that they'd chopped out the best bits of the book.

AndyRM

XOXO
Any of the Alien series
Apocalypse Now
Top Gun
The Hobbit
Any Jason Statham film

Has any Jason Statham film ever been 'well regarded'?

Lee_M

Guru
True Grit (the new one)
True Grit (the original)

Jason Statham is for watching when you really want to turn your brain off

Hobbit was ok, but an hour too long
Lord of the Rings - loved them when they came out, but tried watching again and definite ho-hum, same with the Harry Potter

and any Clint Eastwood film since about 1970 except Unforgiven

Lee_M

Guru
films to walk out of

Around the worked in 80 days - with Steve Coogan
Batman - just about any of them
Matrix 2 (didnt even go to watch matrix 3)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The Piano. Meh.

but I loved Run Lola Run!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Run Lola Run is a cracker.

I Agree with Lost In Translation, flat as pancake that is.

Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, both utter utter tosh. I quite liked Batman Begins though.

Withnail and I... sorry, I know i'm on my own but I just don't get it... maybe if I'd watched it before the 10th anniversary hype I might have enjoyed it more, but the 'amazing' movie I was promised I just didn't get.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Note, it's not intended to be about films you've walked out of. I'm not thinking of bad films, nor stuff like Matrix, Batman, Harry Potter, LOTR, Hobbit, etc etc (that sort of, um, distinctive thing tends to divide anyway, and they may not be your thing)

The stuff I mean is like the suggestions of Shawshank Redemption, Lost In Translation, The Piano, even the original True Grit - you don't dislike them, there's nothing that you'd point to as not working or poor. As I said, they don't suck. They're ok... but it's just that you don't see why they get such high praise.

Edit: to add The Piano. Exactly the sort of film I'm meaning. Something that might leave you feeling that you've missed something somewhere.

Top Bottom