Films which left you in tears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
i defy anyone to watch it's a wonderful life without crying at the end.

It's not a film, but the Royle Family episode when Nana dies had me blubbing like a baby.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have to say that Forrest Gump never fails to make me well up. People mock it for being ridiculous or unrealistic, and it may very well be, but the needless torment Forrest receives coupled with his amazingly unpretentious insight into the ludicrousness of life is profound. The scene at the end when he meets "little Forrest" really underscores this and, I think, ensures that the film is much more than just a fantastical tale.

Forrest Gump got me too. I was worried I'd have to walk out the cinema with tears down my cheeks, but luckily the credits went on for a while.

Other teary bits include the bit in Elephant Man when John Merrick is talking to Dr Treves' wife about his mother; Jack and Sarah when Richard E Grant's first wife dies in childbirth, and most of Wall E.

Corgi Kid

Dr Zirvago is a film that has me looking for the tissues
cry.gif

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Dead Poets Society gets me every single time. Marley and Me had me bawling like a baby, and then I went home and cuddled my dog and wailed even more. Oh, and Moulin Rouge.

When I was a kid: ET, Bambi, The Belstone Fox and The Fox and the Hound.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The final scene from the 1990 version of Cyrano de Bergerac

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Stuck in Washington D.C on my 30th and with nowhere to go as the hotel was in the middle of nowhere I sat down and watched Pay It Forward.... blubbed like a baby. :blush: Excellent film.

Also welled up when watching Crash and the Locksmith's Daughter runs out to protect her Daddy when the Shop Owner is pointing a gun at him... she thinks she has his magic cape which will protect him from harm so runs to get between him and the gun.... one of the most powerful and emotion filled scenes I've ever seen... gets me every time I see it!

Top Bottom