Films which left you in tears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
ET, Shawshank Redemption, and my strange one, Planes Trains and Automobiles,

Not strange at all :thumbsup:

Also welled up when watching Crash and the Locksmith's Daughter runs out to protect her Daddy when the Shop Owner is pointing a gun at him... she thinks she has his magic cape which will protect him from harm so runs to get between him and the gun.... one of the most powerful and emotion filled scenes I've ever seen... gets me every time I see it!

Good call! That bit got me too! Forrest Gump still does, in fact I'm a big girlie wuss when it comes to films!

I wouldn't rush to watch it again and it didn't make me cry but Little Miss Sunshine struck a chord with me.

I liked the way the film depicted a family sticking together, overcoming difficulties and being there for each other.

wobbler

Another vote for Pay It Forward. Brilliant film.

I'm only telling you this so I can walk off with the "Most embarrassing award". When my niece was a kiddlywink we would buy her Dysney videos;
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast (the bit at the end with the rose petals)
Pocahontas
All got me blubbing.

BearPear

Veteran
I remember watching Love Story as a teenager and I cried more than at any other film before or since. It was the overwhelming feeling of loss that really got me. I also agree with the earlier post about The Railway Children - "daddy, my daddy!" made me sob too!

twowheelsgood

Japanese animation "Grave of the fireflies" was the last one that had me going. An absolute mess I was and worse still I couldn't get the damn thing out of my mind for the next 3-4 days and some of the scenes do haunt me somewhat, especially when I learned it's semi-factual and was made as an apology to the directors own sister. It's oddly, possibly one of the most profound films about the human consequences of war and there aren't really many about the civilian victims. Those that are are often about coping in adversity and how they all pull together, well without giving too much away; they don't. Kelly's Heros it ain't.

There's something very jarring about anime, probably because the animated characters behave and react in a very human manner (which is often quite ugly) rather than comfortable Disney-like way in the Western world.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Kramer V kramer - been there and seen the film :cry:

cd365

Guru
Like the original poster The Champ did it for me, I remember being about 15 and watching it with my sister. She was seriously crying at it, I wiped away me tears before she noticed and took the Mickey out of her for being a big baby lol. If only she knew...

007fair

My wife cried her eyes out at film that was made just for crying at
If this is your bag check out 'who will love my children'

woman with 10 young kids
husband crippled arthritic
woman finds she is dying of cancer with months to live
man takes to bottle and can't cope
woman has to find loving families for each of her 10 kids before she dies!

.. smallest boy is only one left near the end and doesn't want to be the only left on the bus (in reference to a game all the kids played earlier in the film) :cry:

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
I cry far more often than I'd care to admit.

I cried at the Lilo & Stitch sequel, when Stitch dies.

I cried at Wall-E. (I mean, really! FFS!)

Yes to Bladerunner, when Roy dies. Heartbreaking.

The Big Blue made me cry. So did Léon.

The death of Mo in Hardware, to the Rossini sountrack, and the part where the last spark of him fizzling in his cybernetic synapses tries to tell Jill how to kill the Mark XIII -- oh yeah. Cried at that. Every time.

Doc's final scenes in Tombstone (a great film, Val Kilmer is amazing) have me in floods every time I see it.

I'm going to stop there before I embarass myself any further.

Sam

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I remember feeling really emotional at the end of Rain Man, I'm not a big Criuse or Hoffman fan but both acted out of their skin's in this one.

I also have a mate who will literrally well up if you thump/knock a desk a few times as it reminds him of thumper and inevitably...Bambi.

Oh and (as mentioned in a previous thread)... Crash, the little girl's cloak scene, I was sobbing...in a big, masculine kinda way.

Top Bottom