Final Stage 20 *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are the breaks normally this long on ITV?

yello

Blimey, I'm starting to hope they do stay out there! Can't see it but it makes for an exciting finish!

Is there a jaw dropping emoticon? That was immense, No one should be that quick.

yello

Made that look easy again didn't he? From some distance out and without a lead out too. The guy's good, the best even.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Anyone know the top speed Cav has been clocked doing ? He was really motoring today :hyper:.

Was watching it on ITV and, as they all approached the final bit, the camera was alongside Hoshovd and his Cervelo team lead-out man, then Cav came absolutely flying through in the background :wahhey: - to win by a mile (well, OK 10 bike lengths, according to CB)

mangaman

I'm glad to see Cav racking up the wins and seeing the Green Jersey as secondary.

He's so young and so much the fastest guy in the world - I like to see him win.

Green jersey winners are often the guys that are goodish sprinters and pick up a few intermediates on breakaways.

I think Cav is great - he just wants to win bike races. It's hard to see where anyone will come to challenge him in the next few years - by which time Thor and Petacchi will have gone.

Ferrar has never looked anywhere close (despite his amazing sunglasses we hear so much about on Eurosport)

Cav has had his worst season to date this year up to the tour (and even on the 1st few stages), but has looked the best sprinter I've ever seen in nearly 20 years of watching since.

The loss of Renshaw, even, made no difference.

Top Bottom