Final Stage 20 *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Doubt we'll see Schleck try anything crazy (Would be fun though!)

Lance tried to make a scene, and succeeded, so they are running late today

Come on Cav!!!!!! Get the green!

Keith Oates

Janner
Doubt we'll see Schleck try anything crazy (Would be fun though!)

Come on Cav!!!!!! Get the green!

What was that
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkstar

Team Radioshack came out wearing Livestrong jerseys, but were soon told to change them for the team kit. They had to stop on the side of the road to change them, meaning the rest of the field waited for them. It was an amazing piece of PR which I can only admire, very well thought out.

I really hope Cav gets the stage win today, though believe the Green jerseys may be one step to far from the one stage unfortunately.

yello

zimzum42 said:
Keith Oates said:
What was that?????????????????????????????

They turned up in Livestrong jerseys. Commissionaires said 'Radioshack jerseys or you don't ride'.... Scene presumably was the change of shirts and, eventually, race numbers.

Steve H

Large Member
It's just haunting me now that first day that Cav got beaten in the sprint. He pulled up at the end and must have lost a few places and a few points. Those few points might be just what he misses the green jersey by...

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's just haunting me now that first day that Cav got beaten in the sprint. He pulled up at the end and must have lost a few places and a few points. Those few points might be just what he misses the green jersey by...

He could have made third quite easily that day, and lost out on 12 points...

Steve H

Large Member
He could have made third quite easily that day, and lost out on 12 points...

Was that what it was - 12 points?? That's an expensive mistake to chalk up to experience. Got to admire his first or nothing mindset though. It's probably what has got him to where he is today

yello

It was an amazing piece of PR which I can only admire, very well thought out.

Just been thinking about this (whilst playing spot the tourist attraction!); I think it speaks volumes about him.

Any chance that breakaway will stay away you reckon? It's a possible!

darkstar

Just been thinking about this (whilst playing spot the tourist attraction!); I think it speaks volumes about him.

Any chance that breakaway will stay away you reckon? It's a possible!

The whole tour is run by PR, it's why riders breakaway so far off the finish, it's why they give so much air time to the random buildings surrounding the route etc. Armstrong has given enough to the tour, i'm impressed that he decided to stick with this tour after losing so much time, I can't deny him the chance to give exposure to his Cancer charity. Can you?

Top Bottom