Finally got the wife a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Con

Über Member
Well after looking at too many bikes and travelling all over the Midlands we found a bike in a local second hand bike shop literally round the corner from me like less than a mile. It's an orbea asphalt marmolada from way back in 2007/8 but in time warp condition (well I think so anyway) it's got a full campag groupset on it's
20190528_130713.jpg
really light for an old girl but more importantly fits her perfectly

Lee_M

Guru
Well that's buggered up your escape plans.

No more "just going for a short ride dear" and coming back 4 hours later

otek59

On the flip side it means if we go for a ride on the road I don't have to clean 2kg of mud off her bike like I do when we come off the trails. Apparently that's my job while she watches corrie
I would sooner clean 10 bikes than watch Corrie or any soap, but seriously that’s a nice find I hope your wife enjoys it

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
Thanks, Con. I'll take a look next time I'm passing through.
It's a bit like steptoe's yard with all sorts of stuff from cheap kids bikes to full carbon jobs and I think he's going to do a bike jumble sale soon. That might be worth a look.

bladderhead

Flippin Nora, what a LBS! Shame shops like that are so sparsely distributed.

If the alternative was watching a soap-opera I might actually be persuaded to clean one of my bikes. The reason I have mudguards is so I do not have to carry such a weight of mud around.

Top Bottom