Finally Took the plunge on a Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Triple3

Good afternoon all
I finally took the plunge and after starting the odd thread regarding equilibriums and other road bikes I have finally paid the deposit on a Condor Fratello disc in green like the one below without mudguards.
IMG_4370.PNG

The Fell bike shop in Clitheroe are first class and went through the whole build and had frames in store to look at. Bike fit included and if your local or in the area just check out the shop its pretty special with and endless pool for triathlon lovers.
The frame welds where something else on the Fratello and the paint is much nicer in the flesh with metallic sparkles in the white.
Big thank you to @vickster for giving me the heads up on Condor dealer local to me otherwise I would never have known :okay:

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A very nice looking bike, enjoy.

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

A very nice looking bike, enjoy.

I was looking at the exact same bike a while back. Love the green. Enjoy your new bike.

Thanks guys, I will be regularly asking for advice on here as I increase distances and take on Audaxs next year. The Beacon bikes looked really nice as did the Condor Italia RC but the Fratello suits my riding and will be a long term friend I hope. Will post pics once its delivered, around 4 weeks ish, and had bike fit. Who knows, maybe if the weathers good I may ride it back from Clitheroe

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Lovely bike, excellent choice, you won't regret it. I had a test ride (a 300km audax) on one last year and I loved it. Incredibly comfortable for long distances. That green is rather splendid too.

The one I rode came with Aksium One wheels, which are a bit clunky - the weight difference with the Ksyriums should make it even nicer.

You really should fit mudguards though, especially if you're thinking of using the bike for audax. It's not a lightweight racing bike, it's designed to take mudguards, so there's no good reason not to have them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

Lovely bike, excellent choice, you won't regret it. I had a test ride (a 300km audax) on one last year and I loved it. Incredibly comfortable for long distances. That green is rather splendid too.

The one I rode came with Aksium One wheels, which are a bit clunky - the weight difference with the Ksyriums should make it even nicer.

You really should fit mudguards though, especially if you're thinking of using the bike for audax. It's not a lightweight racing bike, it's designed to take mudguards, so there's no good reason not to have them.

Hello @smutchin , I have specced the bike with Ksyriums disc 17 hopefully they are decent wheel set. Regarding mudguards, I will fit/have the shop fit them for use during winter but Condor charge alot just for them in the build. Summer will see the guards come off though unless needed for audaxs. Thank you for the positives of the bike its pleasing to hear I made a good choice

Last edited:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I :wub: my Fratello and have done a few 200s and a 300 audax on it - with only tired legs for discomfort. It's a cracking ride and every time I get on, I think "Wow - this is a nice ride ... and it's quick and very high up !" (my other ride is a Nazca Fuego recumbent, which is low down ! ^_^)

Hope you have many happy miles together. :bicycle: :bicycle: :thumbsup:

Top Bottom