Finally Took the plunge on a Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks guys, I will be regularly asking for advice on here as I increase distances and take on Audaxs next year. The Beacon bikes looked really nice as did the Condor Italia RC but the Fratello suits my riding and will be a long term friend I hope. Will post pics once its delivered, around 4 weeks ish, and had bike fit. Who knows, maybe if the weathers good I may ride it back from Clitheroe
despite it's many many qualities, it isn't noted for fine weather. Local saying - if you can't see Pendle it's raining, if you can see Pendle it's about to rain.

Condor call it Paris Green.
ponces

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

So the build continues, today we discussed the finer stuff and have settled on.....
11-28 cassette with a compact chain set
172.5 crank length
420mm bar width deda 100
120mm stem deda 100
All will be supplied from Condor and then shop will build. After been on the bike fit jig if stem for instance needs to be shorter it will be changed out so really getting excited now and just need to decide if to try one of these prologo saddles

mustang1

Guru
Vickster is your angel..

Lovely bike btw. Some of friends have Condors and rave about them. Ps why no fenders?

Edit: sorry, ignore question about guards, I see it's already answered.

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
It looks nice with white bar tape and the tan brown but white gets dirty quick, the wife commented that brown was too old man :sad: so I played safe with 2.5mm lizard skin black bar tape and a mixture of deda 100 finishing kit and condors own kit. I think black will look right. Saddle choice I could not decide so just picked a charge spoon and the shop are offering prologo saddles or I could opt for a brooks saddle. No experience of either so it's research time
I vote Brooks. I love the new Cambium.

I vote for the brooks as well, a canbuim.

In terms of sizing what you lose on the 55 is headtube height. If you are indeed young and fit, and reasonably athletic, its what I would go for. To put in perspective my commuter is similarly sized to a 58 condor and while supremely comfortably its does not have the zip of a slightly smaller frame, in that I can manhandle the latter a little more.

However, if you plan long distance touring I would plumb for the larger size. If its more of a everyday and quick riding bike, I would get the 55. I know you have decided and from what I can tell, good choice on bike and size.

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

I vote for the brooks as well, a canbuim.

In terms of sizing what you lose on the 55 is headtube height. If you are indeed young and fit, and reasonably athletic, its what I would go for. To put in perspective my commuter is similarly sized to a 58 condor and while supremely comfortably its does not have the zip of a slightly smaller frame, in that I can manhandle the latter a little more.

However, if you plan long distance touring I would plumb for the larger size. If its more of a everyday and quick riding bike, I would get the 55. I know you have decided and from what I can tell, good choice on bike and size.

Thank you I appreciate all the comments and advice on saddles. Yeah I spoke to the shop when we discussed components and they 100 % know a 55 is correct but on the slim chance its not they will order a 58 without hesitation as no one leaves the shop with the wrong bike. Im really looking forward to the bike now. Hopefully find a brooks in christmas sales

RMurphy195

Condor do make nice looking bikes, like the one to the left ...

Like the OP mine was built by a Condor agent, but using some bits from my old bike (Guards, rack, saddle)

On receiving the frameset, the bike shop rang me up to say it had arrived, and that it looked very nice (Gorgeous was the word he used I think!)

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

Update: Frame arrived,groupset etc and Mavic wheels delivered today to the shop.
Im working tomorrow on a course and then away until christmas eve, home 2 days then back out to work 27th until 15th January :cry::cry::cry:I cant get to shop for final fit and collection till after 15th :cry::sad::sad::sad: Gutted

Top Bottom