Fiona Kolbinger wins Transcontinental Race

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by steveindenmark, 6 Aug 2019.

1. Fiona Kolbinger has won the TCR. The first woman to win the event and about 180km in front of the second rider.

She won it in style. Always looking relaxed. Smiling and chatting with people who came out to meet her. She even stopped and swapped one set of pedals for another. Giving a rendition of The lion sleeps tonight on the piano.

A superb cycling performance. Carried out with apparent ease.

https://road.cc/content/feature/265...udent-currently-overall-lead-transcontinental

2. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

:bravo:

3. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Huge. Big Congrats to her and indeed all the others taking part. Epic stuff

Bianchi boy and raleighnut like this.
  4. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

raleighnut and lane like this.
  5. AuroraSaab

AuroraSaab Well-Known Member

6. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

It IS an amazing achievement!

Of course, we don't actually need a new thread to be told about it though because those of us interested have already been following Steve's original thread on the race... :whistle:

theclaud, Pat "5mph" and DP like this.
  7. An unknown, inexperienced ( in terms of ultra endurance cycling) wins the outright transcon, 124 miles ahead of a highly experienced well known ultra endurance rider, and the winner is a ‘medical student’. Okay whatever. The duck test has been failed.

8. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Stop being silly. She's been doing audaxes up to and including LEL for a few years. Anything but dodgy. Check out her Strava ...

Heltor Chasca and AuroraSaab like this.
  9. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

So having been ejected from the CC procycling thread for being a knob, you're replicating your behavior here. Give it a rest

Cuchilo, StuAff, theclaud and 4 others like this.
  10. AuroraSaab

11. OP
    OP
    steveindenmark

steveindenmark Guru

I think Fiona has qualified for PBP this year. I dont know is she will ride but Bjorn Leonard is.

Fiona trains with Bjorn as they are both from Dresden. He said during TCR that Fiona is stronger in the mountains than he is.

uphillstruggler likes this.
  12. She will come under serious scrutiny now, the truth ( whatever it is ) will out.

13. OP
    OP
    steveindenmark

steveindenmark Guru

Actually, she is a recently qualified doctor. I have no idea what the duck test is. But she has gone out and beat a lot of the top european male ultra distance riders. She did it with class and style. Whats to knock?

14. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

You weren't a witch finder general in a previous life were you Roadkill? I suppose if you point at enough people you'll eventually get one right. I'm not entirely dismissing your general gist, cheating in amateur sport has become more of a problem and as the profile of these kind of events rises and perhaps comes with some rewards then people might be tempted but you really need something more to go on than the fact she won.

15. AuroraSaab

I suspect the truth is that she is an accomplished and experienced cyclist who hasn't entered many notable events. In endurance events there is far more to it, physically and mentally, than simply being the fastest runner/cyclist/swimmer over a short distance so I would think they are more likely to have unpredictable outcomes.

C R likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice