Fiona Kolbinger wins Transcontinental Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Fiona Kolbinger has won the TCR. The first woman to win the event and about 180km in front of the second rider.

She won it in style. Always looking relaxed. Smiling and chatting with people who came out to meet her. She even stopped and swapped one set of pedals for another. Giving a rendition of The lion sleeps tonight on the piano.

A superb cycling performance. Carried out with apparent ease.

https://road.cc/content/feature/265...udent-currently-overall-lead-transcontinental

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Fiona Kolbinger has won the TCR. The first woman to win the event and about 180km in front of the second rider.

She won it in style. Always looking relaxed. Smiling and chatting with people who came out to meet her. She even stopped and swapped one set of pedals for another. Giving a rendition of The lion sleeps tonight on the piano.

A superb cycling performance. Carried out with apparent ease.

https://road.cc/content/feature/265...udent-currently-overall-lead-transcontinental
:bravo:

An unknown, inexperienced ( in terms of ultra endurance cycling) wins the outright transcon, 124 miles ahead of a highly experienced well known ultra endurance rider, and the winner is a ‘medical student’. Okay whatever. The duck test has been failed.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
An unknown, inexperienced ( in terms of ultra endurance cycling) wins the outright transcon, 124 miles ahead of a highly experienced well known ultra endurance rider, and the winner is a ‘medical student’. Okay whatever. The duck test has been failed.
Stop being silly. She's been doing audaxes up to and including LEL for a few years. Anything but dodgy. Check out her Strava ...

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

So having been ejected from the CC procycling thread for being a knob, you're replicating your behavior here. Give it a rest

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think Fiona has qualified for PBP this year. I dont know is she will ride but Bjorn Leonard is.

Fiona trains with Bjorn as they are both from Dresden. He said during TCR that Fiona is stronger in the mountains than he is.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

Actually, she is a recently qualified doctor. I have no idea what the duck test is. But she has gone out and beat a lot of the top european male ultra distance riders. She did it with class and style. Whats to knock?

You weren't a witch finder general in a previous life were you Roadkill? I suppose if you point at enough people you'll eventually get one right. I'm not entirely dismissing your general gist, cheating in amateur sport has become more of a problem and as the profile of these kind of events rises and perhaps comes with some rewards then people might be tempted but you really need something more to go on than the fact she won.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I suspect the truth is that she is an accomplished and experienced cyclist who hasn't entered many notable events. In endurance events there is far more to it, physically and mentally, than simply being the fastest runner/cyclist/swimmer over a short distance so I would think they are more likely to have unpredictable outcomes.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom