First 100 miler on Saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
You'll be fine, it's not a race :smile:

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Flipping bikes are a pain in the butt sometimes though. Just been checking it over, getting it ready. Had to sort a mysterious puncture first and then a sticking rear brake. I wish I could just employ my own mechanic. Pros never have to deal with this stuff.

Slick

Guru
Flipping bikes are a pain in the butt sometimes though. Just been checking it over, getting it ready. Had to sort a mysterious puncture first and then a sticking rear brake. I wish I could just employ my own mechanic. Pros never have to deal with this stuff.
My 2 "good" bikes are both in the shop. New carbon job needs a new caliper after 55 miles and the steel workhorse needs cables, freehub and bearings front and back so may consider new wheels but nothing too exotic. I was left with the old cannonball and every time I stood up on the pedals on the middle of the cassette, it seemed to ride up as if undecided what gear it wanted to be in, so probably a new chain and maybe cassette needed there. I would be cheaper taking my car everywhere.

vickster

Legendary Member
You're a bloke, so you're meant to enjoy fixing things :whistle:

You can employ a mechanic, at a bike shop, but maybe not the one who's spacer inept ;)

Crankarm

Guru
Attempting my first 100 miler on Saturday, at a sportive. Feel like a child at christmas. Hopefully the injuries I've had this year will be kept at bay and hopefully I've done enough training. I've covered 2,500 miles so far this year including 3 x 100 km rides and 3 x 80 km rides.

100 miles over what sort of terrain? Flat, undulating or something akin to the Fred Whitton Challenge in the Lakes? The amount of climbing, steepness and frequency adds a whole new dimension of fear riding 100 miles. If it is flat the wind can equally be a killer if it is a head wind, and raining and cold.

Top Bottom