First accident last night, please tell me I am not the first to do this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I toppled over at red traffic lights.
I ride flats :laugh:

Hicky

Guru
It's called "Doing a Dellboy"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

I have still to see anyone do a more hilarious one - than a mate of mine who leaned on a collapsible bollard at a junction

Done a dell boy by missing the barrier at a junction and my arm went through the bars....how I missed the top I've no idea as I must f been day dreaming....what made it worse was it was right outside Picadilly train station at 9am hence the junction was busy....oh how I laughed as I was helped up my well meaning people whilst hoping the ground would swallow me up and ignoring the searing pain of whacking my ear. Embarrassing yes just a touch.:cursing:

I'd guess 90% of us have done it. Glad you're ok.

Don't use clipless, but once when trying to catch the traffic lights going directly across a 4 lane dual carriageway I put in a bit of speed, completely forgetting there was bicycle weaving set of barriers directly in front of me. Cue a very sudden stop, me flying over the handlebars and landing in front of 2 lanes of traffic.
Apart from pride I was fine. Even more amazing the bike was perfect! Still don't understand quite what I was thinking - I'd have used that crossing 3-4 times a week.
Come to think of it, I was probably lucky I wasn't clipped in!

D

Deleted member 1258

A few years ago at a set of traffic lights, the lights changed and the traffic started moving, I got clipped in and started to move, just as one of the car drivers stalled it and everyone stopped, I couldn't unclip quick enough and fell on my arse on the pavement.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:bravo: Welcome to the 'clipless moment' club.

Crankarm

Guru
I've never fallen over or off riding with SPDs. Cleats however yes once years ago on Denmark Hill, SE London. I was balancing with my left arm on a double decker London bus whilst on my new Condor Baracchi team bike. The bus started to move but the car in front of me didn't. I went down. Fortunately only a few scrapes on me and nothing on my bike. A big dent in my pride though.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We are all very adept at clipping and unclipping on here so don't know what you are talking about but still gave me a good laugh.

Top Bottom