First Boardman, then Pendelton, now Hoy (Chris Hoy Bikes)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
"Moderately we'll respected" is probably a fairer way to describe The Boardman range over the years.

Be interesting to see if the Hoys are clean sheet designs or if any rebranded Pinnacles sneak in there.

Well respected.

They don't only sell the Halfords ones you know.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Boardman seemes to get closely involved in the manufacture and design. I hope Hoy does the same. Good competition is always welcome. Boardman bikes have crossed over in to triathlon too, Pete Jacobs won Kona on one. Here is a slowtwits article on the bike http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Tri_Bike_by_brand/Kona_top_15_men_on_bikes_3223.html .
I've raced Boardmans for 3 years now.

fimm

Veteran
The Brownlee brothers ride Boardman bikes (i.e. are sponsored by Boardman). So is/does the man who won Kona (Ironman world championships) this year.
Edit: Arsen Gere got there before me (and could remember the name!)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The caption on the Daily Fail site for this photo claims it is one of the road bikes!

article-2239255-163C37FC000005DC-478_468x332.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If he wants to make some money and try something new then good for him.

Indeed... and if it get's more people on bikes then even better.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If there's crossover between the Pinnacle and Hoy bikes, is there anything wrong with that? I've never ridden one but the ones I've seen have a stylish simplicity to them. The riders didn't look too unhappy and they didn't squeak as they went past. The bikes didn't squeak, either.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nope, I like Pinnacles. I was really just speculating out loud, but it would be a bit of an Insult to simply rebrand a Pinnacle and charge more for it just because of the new name.

Top Bottom