First club run nerves - need advice!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well, what a tart I was to feel daunted. The above posts were all spot on.

It was great!

The rest of the club really helped the new boy. Really only struggled on one hill, and some if the group held back.

Hopefully one day I'll be fast enough to help out another newbie! Lol.
I attempted the next level group today , i got sucked along rather than riding at the front of the old group then got spat out about 5 miles from home.

Well, what a tart I was to feel daunted. The above posts were all spot on.

It was great!

The rest of the club really helped the new boy. Really only struggled on one hill, and some if the group held back.

Hopefully one day I'll be fast enough to help out another newbie! Lol.

:bravo:

One of the best decisions you will make.

Fubar

Guru
Bit late getting to this but @HLaB is right, I was really apprehensive right to the last second but once I knew I could keep up I was fine - some good people kept checking on me which was great. Riding the first 10 miles in a fast (for me!) group was scary but amazing! So thanks to all in the Dunfermline Cycling Club for letting me tag along, I'd encourage anyone thinking about it to just do it! You'll love it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yep, think I was on tow for the whole ride, one day I'll repay the favour!!!
thats the way to do it !
I took a short turn on the front today , as long as you make an effort when you can you will not be branded a wheel sucker and no one should expect newer members to pull at the front till they are confident enough.

Chris Norton

I think we can chalk this one up as a success story. Never look back.

Top Bottom