First commute on a real bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
So previously I've been using dodgy old MTB's from tesco's and the like then i got ill in feb and haven't been on a bike in a while, took my mtb out and killed it doing a run to Delamere and back.
anyhoo i decided to get a hybrid for commuting and bush-biking and i went out and got myself a Dawes.

when on the MTB it took me 35/40 mins maybe 30 on a good day to get in.
23 mins on this hybrid, it was rapid!
average speed of 12.8mph which isn't bad. i can see that climbing as i get more used to the bike but overall i'm very happy. it was a nice comfy ride in despite the head wind, no issues with the bike and i'm not suffering the usual back ache i used to get either.
to top it all off whist on liverpool road i ran across no less then 2 considerate lorry drivers.
first one left me tonnes of room at a junction and was really nice, second held back on liverpool road (irlam) rather then overtake and let me turn off, i waved my thanks and it was all happy shiny this morning.
perfic first commute on my new bike :biggrin:
pete

alasdairgf

Cool - I got myself a Dawes hybrid recently, too (Discovery 301), made a huge improvement to my commute! Getting rid of the knobbly tyres (was riding my wife's MTB recently as old BSO was getting dangerous) made such a difference, don't think I'll ever ride a MTB again. The n+1 will be a road bike, I suspect, but will be a couple of years yet...

OP
OP
Melonfish

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
aye same here, i'll prolly get a road bike but not for a while yet, well saying that i am due a big comp claim shortly....
tempting hehe

Top Bottom