First fixed road ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I picked my langster up last week and have been for one ride on it in its singlespeed guise. Today was the first time I tried fixed. A ride round the back streets near me then to the supermarket and home, 14 miles in total. Hard to say how I found it as I was so scared the whole time. But apart from spinning like a lunatic at times and being scared turning corners and of cars suddenly stopping it was fine, I stayed on!

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
I picked my langster up last week and have been for one ride on it in its singlespeed guise. Today was the first time I tried fixed. A ride round the back streets near me then to the supermarket and home, 14 miles in total. Hard to say how I found it as I was so scared the whole time. But apart from spinning like a lunatic at times and being scared turning corners and of cars suddenly stopping it was fine, I stayed on!

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Next ride is tomorrow! But will be going back to singlespeed for commuting till I am a bit more confident!

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Next ride is tomorrow! But will be going back to singlespeed for commuting till I am a bit more confident!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Just relax into it, and be comforted by the fact that I'd been riding fixed for around 17yrs before it finally bit back and threw me off.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Just relax into it, and be comforted by the fact that I'd been riding fixed for around 17yrs before it finally bit back and threw me off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll be fine..... took mine up The Wizard today - less than 40 rpm climbing in a 74"... nearly tried to freewheel a couple of times having not been on it for a month.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll be fine..... took mine up The Wizard today - less than 40 rpm climbing in a 74"... nearly tried to freewheel a couple of times having not been on it for a month.

mike e

Try and stay with it fixed if you can, it will be worth it. Took me a good few rides to get the hang of mine. It scared me silly as well for the first few rides, felt like the bike was in control which in truth it was...:smile:

mike e

Try and stay with it fixed if you can, it will be worth it. Took me a good few rides to get the hang of mine. It scared me silly as well for the first few rides, felt like the bike was in control which in truth it was...:biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
mike e said:
Try and stay with it fixed if you can, it will be worth it. Took me a good few rides to get the hang of mine. It scared me silly as well for the first few rides, felt like the bike was in control which in truth it was...:evil:

Agreed, I remember my first downhill :evil::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: and wondered what the hell I had done. ;)

4F

mike e said:
Try and stay with it fixed if you can, it will be worth it. Took me a good few rides to get the hang of mine. It scared me silly as well for the first few rides, felt like the bike was in control which in truth it was...:biggrin:

Agreed, I remember my first downhill :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: and wondered what the hell I had done. :biggrin:

4F

mike e said:
Try and stay with it fixed if you can, it will be worth it. Took me a good few rides to get the hang of mine. It scared me silly as well for the first few rides, felt like the bike was in control which in truth it was...:wacko:

Agreed, I remember my first downhill :blush::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: and wondered what the hell I had done. :sad:

Top Bottom