First puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
What's GCN?

We're not all cycling obsessed freaks!
Global Cycling Network.

They produce a lot of cycling videos on 3-4 separate Youtube channels and have a subscription service partnered with Eurosport showing most high level races live and with highlights, plus quite a few more films.

Many of their presenters are ex professional racers of one form or another

Alex321

Veteran
So when I asked the guy that sold me the wheels, he said that they came like that when he bought the bike (Giant trinity) and the bike was set up tubeless already when he got it.

Anyhow, if it's taped already it's just one less thing I need to do :laugh:
Most current Giant bikes are sold tubeless ready, and often already set up tubeless, and have been for a year or so I believe.

CharleyFarley

... One of the group picked up a slow puncture and when we stopped to fix it we couldn't get the collar nut off due to muck or corrosion.
That's where someone in the group ought to be carrying a multi-tool on their belt.

We had to keep pumping up the tyre and had to ride many miles before we found someone with a pair of pliers so we could remove the nut. I told the bike owner to throw away the nut but I noticed on the next ride he had refitted it :wacko:
I'm like that. If the bike came with a valve locknut, it will always have a valve locknut as long as I own the bike. I'm anal-retentive like that. 😜

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Which is what I do whenever possible, but where does this leave people that believe it is necessary to fit the lock ring???
Confused?

Top Bottom