first race tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Well thats it until next season came stone dead last as the pace was faster and more teams just trying to get them last points and got lapped twice as it was a bigger field than the week before but got a suprise as one of the club riders came and raced against me and he even got to the front and tryed to attack but for me i got shut down trying to move up the bunch then got pushed onto the grass on the first corner of the 4th lap. Nerves kicked in after that but i never pulled out and kept fighting to get back.
Fair play for giving it a go, it's all valuable experience, train hard, get stronger, try again next year racer :becool:

huwsparky

Über Member
Fair play for giving it a go, it's all valuable experience, train hard, get stronger, try again next year racer :becool:
Yep, to be fair crit racing is quite intimidating and I know a few people who think they can ride but would never do one. It's proper racing and an art.

ayceejay

Guru
Breathing: panicky breathing is through the mouth into the chest. Relaxed/relaxing breathing is through the nose into the belly. Breathing while racing is getting air into your lungs

Well thats it until next season came stone dead last as the pace was faster and more teams just trying to get them last points and got lapped twice as it was a bigger field than the week before but got a suprise as one of the club riders came and raced against me and he even got to the front and tryed to attack but for me i got shut down trying to move up the bunch then got pushed onto the grass on the first corner of the 4th lap. Nerves kicked in after that but i never pulled out and kept fighting to get back.

Maybe last but in front of everyone that hasn't raced . Well done ! . As you get more experience and do more races you will become more confident and find the best lines in corners to stop you being pushed wide . As a few people have said Crits are hard and can be quite physical , especially in the corners .

si_c

Guru
Too cryptic eh?
getting air into your lungs anyway you can , better?

So you'd be an advocate of using an air compressor on climbs then :evil:

Top Bottom