first race tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
If thats what rocks your boat then go for it

Given you've had a crap season, perhaps you should.

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
Anyone know any breathing techniques as at the start of the race my breathing was all over the place but when i was by myself it went normal again?

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
A proper warm up beforehand. Start cold and you'll struggle for a while.
And try to relax! Easier said than done I know.......

lutonloony

Über Member
Breathing needs to be in sync with other actions, ie breath in for 5 crank turns out for 5 crank turNs ( don't claim these figures are correct just as an example)

Seem to recall this from my ill founded running days

S-Express

Breathing needs to be in sync with other actions, ie breath in for 5 crank turns out for 5 crank turNs ( don't claim these figures are correct just as an example)

Seem to recall this from my ill founded running days

Just breathe as often as you need to - and pedal as quickly as you need to. No need to spend time thinking about stuff like this when there's already loads going on around you.

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
Well thats it until next season came stone dead last as the pace was faster and more teams just trying to get them last points and got lapped twice as it was a bigger field than the week before but got a suprise as one of the club riders came and raced against me and he even got to the front and tryed to attack but for me i got shut down trying to move up the bunch then got pushed onto the grass on the first corner of the 4th lap. Nerves kicked in after that but i never pulled out and kept fighting to get back.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Good effort Jamma. It's late in the season and all the regulars will be fully race fit whereas you are finding your feet. The only way to get better is to keep at it and try and find a training group to ride with before next season begins.

Top Bottom