first race tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Difficult to get any useful data on which to give advice, unless we know the length of the race, the number of laps, the winners speed and the speed of the OP.

screenman

Legendary Member
That is such a small field for a crit, I take it was just a club thing.

Well done for finishing, many do not.

screenman

Legendary Member
I admire Jamma for going for it, I think life is all about gaining experiences.

Do not put off until tomorrow that which you can do today.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
They won't be comparable in any meaningful sense. One is a group, the other is an individual. In racing, the only thing that matters is position at the end.
Not necessarily.
If the winner averages 28mph and you average, for example, 18mph; then I would think some sort of meaningful comparison could be made.

S-Express

Not necessarily.
If the winner averages 28mph and you average, for example, 18mph; then I would think some sort of meaningful comparison could be made.

Yes, you could deduce that there was a 10mph difference - which still gives you no actionable intelligence - because a group will always travel faster than an individual (or a pair in this case).

The only actionable data is that Jamma lost contact with the main group. Jamma just needs to work on his threshold so he doesn't lose contact with the group in the first place - the relative speeds are not important. The effort level is.

Top Bottom