First time back on the road after being knocked off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
I was knocked off my bike a few years ago by a flat bed truck that drove off leaving me in a heap in the gutter on a quiet country road. It had put me off cycling for years and yesterday I finally overcame that fear and done a small cycle on my new Boardman.

The plan is to build it back up so I eventually start commuting to work again.

Just wanted to share a wee success story :-)

photo.php

Well done, and welcome back onto 2 wheels :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well done :okay:

There's only the slimmest of slim chances that you will experience a similar event again so don't let that worry spoil your return to the roads, just focus on the enjoyment and improved well being.

I was knocked off quite badly earlier this year and couldn't wait to get back on the bike the moment the doctors gave me the ok. Lost a fair bit of fitness but now riding as much as possible and loving being back out on the very same roads where I was hit. Everyone is different but I was only mildly worried about getting back on the bike, concerned about pain and lack of condition more than anything, having spent 4 months wearing a neck brace for my broken neck.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well done. Congratulations on getting back on a bike after such an unplessant and scary incident. Welcome back to the world of cycling.:welcome:

Top Bottom