First time back on the road after being knocked off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:bravo:

Thanks for all the kind replies. Feels great to be back at it and already looking forward to heading out after work today for a tootle.

Pic attached was just me getting ready to head out last night :-)

For some reason your photo was only visible if you clicked on it, so here it is for those who hadn't seen it yet.

37268920_1751280784968025_3148217328685023232_n-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
Darren Jeffrey

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
What is that on your head?...…. That's some beard, does it not slow you down :smile:

Did get hell of a soggy in the rain last night it must be said lol. 5 months into my yeard journey ;-)

I'm more interested in where I can get what looks suspiciously like a cycling-kilt.

Ha just baggy (possibly saggy) shorts although does look like a kilt now you mention it

OneArmedBandit

Well done for getting back on and sharing your story. It must take some courage.

I wish these sorts of stories were shared with the police forces who make it clear they really don't care about close passes or accidents involving cyclists. As said it shouldn't just be seen as an "oh well, these things happen" event. It can really affect people, mentally as much as physically.

I'm hopefully going to be in your shoes soon. But - I reckon it's after over 100,000km of serious issue free cycling other than one self inflicted broken arm. It really is rarer than it seems! And don't forget the exercise is giving you many more years of good health that you can't see yet.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Did get hell of a soggy in the rain last night it must be said lol. 5 months into my beard journey ;-)
My small beard is put to shame by yours but I find the worst sogginess is in misty or frosty conditions, and also hot summer sweat...…

Keep up the cycling anyway :okay:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Welcome. It's not pleasant being hit and since you stopped cycling the number of cars on the road has increased. Sometimes your confidence takes more of a beating than your body, but little steps and you will get back onto the swing again.

having spent 4 months wearing a neck brace for my broken neck
Kudos to your recovery but may I make a polite suggestion? As someone who is is struggling (and failing ) to keep on the road after a minor collision, maybe keep the tales of broken necks out of encouragement threads.
Your tale of recovery is inspiring but maybe gloss over the severity of your injury

Top Bottom