First time doing bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

B6406EEF-1577-429B-B725-F595E97DDB1A.jpeg 4F899698-5213-4004-BB85-680697DEC5A5.jpeg
as above I changed my bar tape first time think it came out ok black is the old blue is new

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Looks good. I watched dozens of YouTube clips and had the greatest difficulty working out what to do round the brake hoods, especially on the bar that wasn't shown as an example in the clips. Mine wasn't anywhere near perfect but life is way too short to start obsessing about it.

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Thanks every one did have to re do the first side as when I had finished the other side I noticed a couple of things wrong with it so have got better already

MikeG

Guru
Looks good to me.

When I played squash, changing tape was a very regular task. It's virtually the same stuff as handlebar tape, albeit applying bar tape is more complex because of the shapes. I used two layers of tape on my squash racquet (it helped prevent tennis elbow), and I've often wondered about using two layers of tape on my handlebars. Does anyone do this?

OldShep

Über Member
Looks good to me.

When I played squash, changing tape was a very regular task. It's virtually the same stuff as handlebar tape, albeit applying bar tape is more complex because of the shapes. I used two layers of tape on my squash racquet (it helped prevent tennis elbow), and I've often wondered about using two layers of tape on my handlebars. Does anyone do this?
On my Squash racquet I use an overgrip ( thinner and cheap as chips) and change it every month. On a couple of bikes I’ve a double layer but just in places where the hands usually are.

Top Bottom