First time using Wahoo Elemnt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
After a few problems with my Garmin 800 in Spain, i got talking to one of the girls who was using a wahoo bolt. she had no problems navigating with it, So i bought myself one earlier this week, we had a nice break in the weather this morning, i uploaded a route through the phone, wahoo found it straight away, Started the ride, the navigation was so easy to follow, unlike the garmin the wahoo is only black and white, no colour, it just made following the directions so easy, the Garmin has a lot more detail so you spend more time looking at it, where as the Wahoo less detail a quick glimpse is all that is needed to follow your route,
Looking forward to doing a few more new routes this year, RIP Garmin.:okay:

I had one of the early edge 205 models - which just gave you a black line to follow. Once you got the hang of it it was pretty bombproof - I have the edge touring, with its turn by turn, countdown to next point , less reliable. I might follow your lead with the element.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have been using the bolt for a few thousand kms now and it has gone wrong once and that was my fault. I like the fact that I can plan a route on Komoot on my phone and transfer it to the Bolt while I am out riding. I will keep my Garmin Touring as a spare but there is no comparison with the Bolt.

hoppym27

I've been toying with getting a GPS for a while now, so many people recommend the Wahoo over the Garmin...this thread is the last straw!...ive gone and bought the bolt!

Davos87

Guru
Watched a few video reviews about the Wahoo on Youtube and despite it not being perfect lots of positives. Amazed at number of people in comment section planning to ditch their Garmins, especially the 520 which gets some scathing reviews for the Elemnt Bolt. Think I might take the plunge too.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Sold my Garmin Touring and bought a Wahoo Elemnt. Love it. Couldn't be happier.

Snap.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm not planning to ditch my Garmins while they're still working, but I will seriously consider Wahoo as my next choice.

Hi Guys I am thinking of switching to the wahoo gps soon.
But just have a question about strava integration. I don't like to use my phone when using strava - I just let the edge touring record the ride then I synce the edge touring using usb and garmin connect - which then pumps it through to strava. I quite like all the stats that gives me - can I do this with a wahoo device...?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Hi Guys I am thinking of switching to the wahoo gps soon.
But just have a question about strava integration. I don't like to use my phone when using strava - I just let the edge touring record the ride then I synce the edge touring using usb and garmin connect - which then pumps it through to strava. I quite like all the stats that gives me - can I do this with a wahoo device...?

Wahoo syncs with Strava instantaneously. And any other platforms you may use. RWGPS etc. It’s all on their website.

Top Bottom