First time using Wahoo Elemnt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nope. Just needs WiFi. Lightning fast. Garmin was such a faff with all that plugging in nonsense. I literally end my ride, sync my phone/Wahoo and it’s posted by onto Strava in seconds. That’s right seconds.

What If I am using a windows pc without wifi - will usb work ?

huwsparky

Über Member
Nope. Just needs WiFi. Lightning fast. Garmin was such a faff with all that plugging in nonsense. I literally end my ride, sync my phone/Wahoo and it’s posted by onto Strava in seconds. That’s right seconds.
The equivalent Garmin doesn't need 'plugging in' either for clarification. Don't think any edge since the 500 needs plugging in and that's 8 years old now.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi Guys I am thinking of switching to the wahoo gps soon.
But just have a question about strava integration. I don't like to use my phone when using strava - I just let the edge touring record the ride then I synce the edge touring using usb and garmin connect - which then pumps it through to strava. I quite like all the stats that gives me - can I do this with a wahoo device...?
The Wahoo needs to sync through your phone using the Wahoo app, it's all very easy.

The equivalent Garmin doesn't need 'plugging in' either for clarification. Don't think any edge since the 500 needs plugging in and that's 8 years old now.

The touring does - unless you have strava on your phone and running, which I don't to do.

Yep looking at the data transfer specs its usb for the edge touring, touring plus, & 800 - its not until the 810 that you get bluetooth.

Last edited:

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
I use Garmin Connect on the phone and when the ride is finished and saved it uploads straight away to Garmin Connect website via WiFi or data connection. The Connect app then "talks" to Strava and Strava is similarly updated as mentioned above, within 20 or 30 seconds. Simples.

hoppym27

Can anyone answer this on the Bolt?...how does the live strava segemnt thing work?....Ive got it linked to Strava but it doesnt seem to do anything when im riding through known segemnts

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Can anyone answer this on the Bolt?...how does the live strava segemnt thing work?....Ive got it linked to Strava but it doesnt seem to do anything when im riding through known segemnts

You need to have your phone connected to mobile data and the Strava app open. The Bolt needs to ‘talk’ through your phone. Not 100% sure if you need to be premium or not.

Can I ask what happens when you go off route for a few miles, and then get back on a few miles later, does the elemnt recognise that you’re back on the original route, and continue with tbt?
I’ve got one on order, due dutring the week, but wanted to know how this would be resolved. I’m not sure that this is a deal breaker for me, but decided I would give this a go, following my doubts about any Garmin, all without personal experience.

Top Bottom