Fitter, but not slimmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
*Waits for the Mumbo Jimbo post* :ohmy::laugh::cry:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
iLB said:
still a way to go then BM :cry: 5'11" and 67kg here :ohmy:

Hah, I only weigh 40kg more than you, but I am 2" taller:blush: no wonder I was lagging so badly, 40kg extra, without the Teef style musculature to support it, plus luggage.......that's it I'm going out on the bike tonight now:biggrin:

Is your belt still the same though? I find my weight stays the same initially but I have to tighten the belt after a bit and then the weight starts to go next. I've long ago resigned myself to being 'Simply Overweight'. It's like carrying my own personal Kryptonite up hills.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
This is the obvious question that no one has asked...Mags you need to take off the helmet cam when you weigh yourself.

In seriousness, as Gaz said muscle weighs more than fat so measuring via weight can be misleading and as long as you eat enough and relatively healthily that's what matters. I'm not into the too much of the reducing calorie intake as if you are very active it causes your body to go into starvation as I don't think you're massively overweight from your stats.

Glad to hear the scenic hill route is going well!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle,

No change in the waist. I'm a 32 and have been for years, which is why I'm not overly worried about my weight. I was just curious what others experiences were.

ttcycle,

I know where my problem is, its buns! I just didn't realise that I was eating so many. I'll keep as is for now and maybe as the kids get older and I can get out on training rides as well, that might make a difference.

Hope things are ok with you as well!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

ttcycle said:
This is the obvious question that no one has asked...Mags you need to take off the helmet cam when you weigh yourself.

In seriousness, as Gaz said muscle weighs more than fat so measuring via weight can be misleading and as long as you eat enough and relatively healthily that's what matters. I'm not into the too much of the reducing calorie intake as if you are very active it causes your body to go into starvation as I don't think you're massively overweight from your stats.

Glad to hear the scenic hill route is going well!

P.S. I'm sure there is a joke in there about the weight of my helmet.....;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Not with the high pitch of your voice, that's for sure. ;)

J4CKO

Im 6 foot and 16 stones, was just over 17 but got bored of lugging it about, dropped a stone over the last month, will drop another and I should be about right, ok, maybe another 1 1/2 but I am fairly well built, broad, waist has come down quite a bit, I am having to put a new notch in my belt which is a nice feeling as I have gone past the emergency (why havent I eaten in the last two days) notch.

Have just cut out crap, crisps, biscuits, cakes and changed some habits, like eating when I get in from work, recreational eating and the like.

I think cycling makes you hungry, and you think you can eat anything because you are doing a few miles, it kind of worked but it crept on.

I am eating porridge for breakfast, 2 round sandwich for lunch with some Soup, a decent tea and fruit whenever I get hungry. I have treats but I dont feel all that bothered at the moment, not craving anything.

Stepping up the milage as well, trying to do twenty plus a day instead of the 14 I normally do.

D

Deleted member 1258

Five foot six, thirty eight chest, thirty five waist. twenty nine inside leg and eleven and a half stone. Had a major health scare in 2008, cut most of the junk out of my diet and dropped to eleven stone. The following winter I did a little turbo work and managed to put on half a stone, I have been that weight since. It would be nice to drop the half a stone and get to what was for years my best cycling weight, but I am in no hurry to do so as I am lighter than I was for many years before the scare, and fitter to.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Me too J4cko.

The danger with cycle commuting is that you feel hungrier than you would otherwise, and could easily eat more than you're burning.

I have a lot of dried fruits & nuts at work to help fill me up in place of the usual office vending machine output.

J4CKO

Moody, I love the nuts, seed and fruit and know what you mean about the ending machine :thumbsup:

I think it kind of makes you realise how far some peoples diets are from what their bodies need, mine included, someone made a very funny comment on here about the developers using their shower room for a poo and dumping a weeks worth of backed up "Meat Feast" pizza, which kind of sums up what I am on about.

I love junk food, but it should be an exception, not a rule and thats how people have got.

boydj

Legendary Member
Give it another 3 months, Mags. With the longer commute and some training for longer events, you will see the difference. You have started at a fairly high fitness level, so making further changes to your body shape is going to be a long-term deal as you'll develop more 'slow-twitch' muscles at the expense of 'fast-twitch' - which might just slim down those thighs a bit.

Top Bottom