Fixed/SS from Evans on ctw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
grunt I have

champion of the Beaver Scouts Family camp javelin throw today, I thank you, and my Shrek style flexing of guns (I'm here all week) went down well with at least a few of the spectators

it was excellent fun other than voracious mosquitos feasting on my flesh

that T100 is upping my budget already ...ah, only another ton, open pro 36s is what I have now, yes, they do for me

what on earth is with the side pull brakes on a bike like that? drops and side pull brakes, eh?

does that T200 have track drops? am I going to get on with those?

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
and a cheeky 5cm gap between sizes so I'm going to be hulking over a 56cm or balancing on top of a 61cm

ho hum, time to ride one and see I guess

stevevw

Guru
Well done Tessa Tynan :biggrin:

what on earth is with the side pull brakes on a bike like that? drops and side pull brakes, eh?

does that T200 have track drops? am I going to get on with those?

I think you will find the levers are to do with the track bars, you will either be low on the drops and not be able to reach normal levers or more likely high on the tops so these levers are easy to use and they make the bike look more like a track tool as they can't see them from the side. You should not ride with your hands in the hood position with track bars, you may find your hands slide forward just before you are fired over the bars. It's the first thing you are told about when you go for a track induction course.

56cm should be Ok for you. Please go and ride one and let us know what you think.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
ta

so they're selling for leisure and commuting a bike with handlebars that you can't get to the brake levers from drops? Is it me or is it stupid to be selling bikes with trackesque specific kit because it looks cool but is at best not as good for commuting if not outright dangerous

the big size says 6'2" upwards and I'm over 6"1", my Fratello is a 58cm, I take you've been on one, you're my height as I recall

but yes to ride one and see, of course

Woz!

so they're selling for leisure and commuting a bike with handlebars that you can't get to the brake levers from drops? Is it me or is it stupid to be selling bikes with trackesque specific kit because it looks cool but is at best not as good for commuting if not outright dangerous

My Charge Racer is the same - can't reach the brakes from the drops. And you use the drops when you're at your fastest.
My knees cry when I do too much fixed riding so I tend to have mine in freewheel mode so it gets pretty alarming at speed.
Looks cool though.

Top Bottom