Fixing into breeze blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shrekan

Hi All,
Sorry to revive this old thread but it really helped me find a solution to a similar problem I was having. Thought I would post this to maybe help others and say thanks to you all.
I have the grey aero thermalite turbo blocks in my garage. I tried with and without rawlplugs, no luck, Kept pulling out. Metal anchors are a complete no no with these blocks, they would crack your block/wall.
I took a solution mentioned in thread about resin anchors. I drilled 4 10mm holes using the bike rack as my template. I drilled just over 110mm in depth. Removed ALL the dust from the holes with a special brush. Squirted some fischer resin in the holes. Twisted some M6 screw rods in each. Immediately put the bike rack on them and propped it up with a ladder so it stayed against the wall but kept the position of the rods well in the holes. Left it overnight. In the morning they had all set and were SOLID. I tightened some nuts with washers onto each rod securing the rack on the wall.
I tried hanging my fat ass off it and it doesn't budge. It's holding two large Giant hybrids with no problem.
Here's my proof, fully loaded about 140mm from my garage ceiling.
20130612_130251.jpg

Thanks again all.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hmm if you are fixing into a single skin of block why not drill right through and put a plate on the outside. Or if not possible maybe upgrade the size of plug and screw to a 6mm coach screw and a larger plug
Sounds like what i have, very long bolts maybe 6 inches long for feck off plugs, held a bike for over 3 years with no problems.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have bolted a large heavy wall-mounted sink to breeze blocks using the resin setting system; it's bomb proof.

Top Bottom