Flat bar Road Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
All for £85 .

All uphill

Still rolling along
All for £85
I like that!

You could cycle round the world on that; I also like the red 'guards which make it a bit different.

bagpuss

Guru
I like that!

You could cycle round the world on that; I also like the red 'guards which make it a bit different.^^^^

Early model , Specialized Sirrus with carbon forks.Came with new contintenal tyres,clain,casstee & brake blocks + mirror , rack, two new elite bottle cages .Quality wheel set . Bluemels olympic guards are in top condition . Bargain imho
I have removed the big spacer on the H/B stem . Fitted spd pedals

Caperider

View attachment 617445

Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon. My ancient neck can no longer cope with the position on my dropped bar bike, although up to an hour is OK. The geometry of this is different than what you would get by simply changing the bars on my race bike. It's mainly 'stack' & 'reach' to give a more comfortable position. It's a joy to ride, and only a little slower than my 'proper' bike.
I'm surprised there aren't more of these type of bikes available for those who enjoy a fast, lively and challenging ride, but without being a contortionist.
I had the pleasure of riding on a training camp with Brian Robinson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Robinson_(cyclist) at least 17 years ago, and noted his high end flat bar/hybrid bike then. He seemed very happy and we struggled to keep up with him.

That's why I bought this for my 60th b-day ! Its seat is so comfortable I don't even need my biking shorts ! lol

20220919_152131_HDR.jpg

Fastpedaller

I have a spa tourer and (for Winter single speed) an On-One Pompino - both with drops, but I sometimes change them to straight bars for the Winter. This is simple with the straight bars already set up with cables, so it's just a case of removing the faceplate of the Aheadset fitting stem, fitting the other bars and connecting the cables. Just nice to ride straights sometimes :smile:

FrothNinja

Veteran

Flat tyres to match the bars?? 😉

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Flat tyres to match the bars?? 😉

Nah I'd taken a piccy just before completely stripping it for a 'full service' (new bearings, cables and a chain) something I'd do to at least one of the fleet every year back when I commuted 6 days a week. The Ridgeback is my 'do it all' bike, it has a lovely Tange CrMo frame and is reasonably light and quite fast and I built it up myself from a frame with one buckled wheel 'discovered' in a garage that Maz's daughter and her husband found when they moved into an Army house (4 bed detached 'officers' accommodation) about 25 years or so ago.
I first built it up with 'bits' I had in the shed and a pair of new 'el cheapo' wheels to see how it rode and it was so nice I bought a load of new bits and got John of Bob Warner Cycles to build me a pair of decent wheels and he also had the Brooks B17n in the shop (my favourite saddle of the 8 Brooks I own) and fitted the rear Topeak 'slide and click' rack (a fantastic system just ask @vickster ) but also with the ability to take a couple of Carradice panniers for holibobs/touring using the top as an easily removable 'top bag' for valuables (Camera, phone, toolkit etc ..............ooh and a bottle of single malt) that I can remove in seconds when stopping at a Hostelry/Shop/Beauty Spot-view Point/Campsite (delete as applicable) without unpacking the panniers with the sleeping bag/clothes/tent/stove/food and locking the bike up.
What's the bike worth, probably about £60-80 but I spent about £700 to build it up into the bike it is:becool:

Caperider

20221213_180829_HDR.jpg

Finished my restoration and upgrade of a Soma Sport from the 80' s .love the shifters good fine tuning . and put 700-35s on it a much nicer ride than the 23cc I had for it . rode it around my neighborhood before it started to snow . well off to work all have a great day:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom