Flat bar Road Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Road Bike brakes.....hubba hubba

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I apologise for the 25mm tractor tyres....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Also, just to add, a Road Bike has two chain rings. If a bike with drop bars and skinny tyres has one ring it's a TT bike, if it has three it's an abomination.
1. A TT bike doesnt have drop bars

2. Professional cycling team used single ring road bikes in the peleton

3. The world has moved on and so does bike technology

im glad cycling and cyclists around the world, dont play by your rules, as it would be a sad world that stagnates

1. A TT bike doesnt have drop bars

2. Professional cycling team used single ring road bikes in the peleton

3. The world has moved on and so does bike technology

im glad cycling and cyclists around the world, dont play by your rules, as it would be a sad world that stagnates
What's a Road Bike? Is a mountain bike with slicks a Road Bike? Is a Brompton a Road Bike? Words and their definitions are important, without agreed definitions we cannot communicate effectively. A Road Bike is a 'thing'.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What's a Road Bike? Is a mountain bike with slicks a Road Bike? Is a Brompton a Road Bike? Words and their definitions are important, without agreed definitions we cannot communicate effectively. A Road Bike is a 'thing'.
whats a TT bike??? is it a mountain bike with aero bars?? is it a roadbike with aero bars??

any bike ridden on the road is a road bike. If its got drop bars, like you state, its a race bike ( or racer) as we called them back in the day.

as for brompton, thats a make of folding roadbike is it not??

Last edited:
Why do we need a definition?

Perhaps racing and professional cycling needs technical definitions, but why on earth is there a need to have a definition of a bike that is just used for leisure, commuting, or shopping?

Perhaps on arcane websites, used by nerds, there may be similar arguments going on about "what is a running shoe", making me worry that people may think I am wearing my Skechers under false pretences, but at the end of the day it matters not one jot.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
folding hybrid probably, quite accomplished little performers on canal tow paths etc :okay:

Maybe the Mods should merge the entire photo gallery "XXXXX" bikes type of threads to avoid people being flummoxed by differing subtle definitions....

FishFright

More wheels than sense
A road bike is a specific type of bike, characterised by skinny tyres and drop handlebars and designed for road racing. You can 'disagree' all you like but you'd be wrong. Words are important. If you change the meanings of words on a whim language loses its geffeltafish ole biscuit barrel fligetty tish. Spaniel.

That's a road racing bike you've described.

whats a TT bike??? is it a mountain bike with aero bars?? is it a roadbike with aero bars??

any bike ridden on the road is a road bike. If its got drop bars, like you state, its a race bike ( or racer) as we called them back in the day.

A mountain bike is a Road Bike?

Top Bottom