Flat bar Road Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of the defining characteristics of a road bike is that you ride it on the road.

Can we get back to the OP invitation for pics of flat bar road bikes?

Could some posters look up "emotional intelligence" and let the rest of us enjoy this forum?
I've ridden my mountain bike on the road. That doesn't make it a Road Bike. And what has emotional intelligence got to do with anything?

Gunk

Guru
Here is couple that I’ve owned over the last few years.

Mr Celine

Discordian
As new, January 2006

View attachment 617541

Last ride, October 2021

View attachment 617542

This is 100m beyond the end of the tarmac on the road to the Corrieyairack Pass and it wasn't going any further. With 28mm slick tyres on 700c wheels and road gearing this is no hybrid and is not suitable for off tarmac rides.

The bike has now been dismantled and the frame is away being powder coated in a startlingly different colour. Watch this space for an update. ^_^

Update December 2021

After nearly 16 years the original unaltered parts are-
forks
seatpost
pedals
both brake levers
All four brake arms and pad holders
front shifter
front derailleur
rear derailleur (apart from the jockey wheels).

Last edited:

avecReynolds531

Veteran

Triple chainsets, steel frames, clearance for 40mm tyres, v brakes, and quill stems to set handlebars up in the sky.
Thanks for an interesting thread.

The rules. Fugly components should not be on road bikes (that includes discs) - MTB's are reserved for fugly kit, as they are machines. Road bikes should be works of art. :whistle: Anything else is a hybrid or MTB.

I have searched the Velominati Rules of Cycling, which are eminently sensible and the only true rules, and nowhere in them is this rule mentioned. If this rule is added at some time it will be a different matter, but personal preferences are not rules...............so there!!:boxing:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have searched the Velominati Rules of Cycling, which are eminently sensible and the only true rules, and nowhere in them is this rule mentioned. If this rule is added at some time it will be a different matter, but personal preferences are not rules...............so there!!:boxing:

Velominati doesn't cover it all. Sorry....

Top Bottom