Flat pedal moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
i too had a flat pedal moment on a recent cc ride. my feet were too warm to be a serious cyclist. i felt out of place with the others, i didn't feel part of the gang, because i wasn't moaning how cold my feet were. it's the last time i'm wearing sensible winter walking boots in cold weather, i don't like being the odd one out!:smile:
Your astonishing, God-given ability to ride flat pedals is both a blessing and a curse, but keep your chin up - there are others like you, you are not alone, we feel your pain :hugs:.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Your astonishing, God-given ability to ride flat pedals is both a blessing and a curse, but keep your chin up - there are others like you, you are not alone, we feel your pain :hugs:.

Not so sure, he can't really call himself a serious cyclist if he has toasty toes, no suffering for his hobby sport there.

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
... no suffering for his hobby sport there.
Road cycling is not really a sport as most understand the term, it is applied biochemistry.

There is no truth to the rumour that my remarkable ability to keep pace, despite the handicap of flat pedals, is fuelled by biochemical supplements so favoured by pro racers - I can assure you that my D-cup man-boobs are purely a consequence of middle-age spread.

GrasB

Veteran
Do you ask the hordes of "clipless moment" posters what their point was?
See clipless moment posts are mildly amusing anecdotes about someone who is learning a new skill getting it wrong. This has no such amusement there, it just seems some kind of (failing) ironic dig at clipless users.

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
See clipless moment posts are mildly amusing anecdotes about someone who is learning a new skill getting it wrong. This has no such amusement there, it just seems some kind of (failing) ironic dig at clipless users.
Well, this thread has more replies and more views than the current "clipless moment" thread on this forum (where I believe some fellow, rather amusingly, rode into an overflowing river) so it must have some appeal.

If this thread is not to your taste, you don't have to read or post in it (twice).

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

seems funny to me. why are you taking this thread so serious?

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
^^
To reconcile your conflict, use clipless on one side, flat pedal on the other.

No problem :biggrin:

chrispidgeon

^^
Marvellous idea. And I can put the pedal spanner I bought to change to clipless good use before each ride by changing them around.

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
^^
Just remember to keep track of which foot is which when you hop to the toilet during the loo-break.

chrispidgeon

^^

Yes, wise words...(although they are MTB ones, so can walk, but we'll leave that detail out so as to not spoil the comic value)

potsy

Rambler
Not so sure, he can't really call himself a serious cyclist if he has toasty toes, no suffering for his hobby sport there.

Defo an unserious (is that a word?) cyclist Mac, he doesn't even wear a helmet
ohmy.gif
whistling.gif

Davidc

Guru
^^
Marvellous idea. And I can put the pedal spanner I bought to change to clipless good use before each ride by changing them around.

With either sort of pedals you'll never get the left pedal to screw onto the right hand crank and vice versa, much better to just take the spanner back to the shop and ask for a refund.

:idea:

Which just makes me think - how about taking the pedals off, having a hole drilled in each ankle and getting spindles threaded at the crank end and just plain at the other end fitted to the bike? To put your foot on the ground you just move your leg away from the bike and the spindle comes out, to start up again you lift up your leg and move it so the spindle goes back through the hole.

:eek: :eek: :headshake:

Top Bottom