Flat pedal moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhunkPilot

Renegade of Phunk!
Surely if you use clipless one side and flat pedal the other you'll just cycle round in circles due to the uneven spread of power from your colossal leg muscles?

potsy

Rambler
Surely if you use clipless one side and flat pedal the other you'll just cycle round in circles due to the uneven spread of power from your colossal leg muscles?

That's why you have to remember to swap which foot is clipped in every ride, or you'll end up deformed
rolleyes.gif

Friend of mine has just text me to tell me of his 1st clipless moment today, saying that he fell off 3 times last year on the flatties
laugh.gif

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
Not on a single-tracked vehicle like a bicycle, duh!

There WILL be a pronounced 'nodding' motion, though :biggrin: You'd need a pillow tied to the stem to avoid bruising your chin.

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
Which just makes me think - how about taking the pedals off, having a hole drilled in each ankle and getting spindles threaded at the crank end and just plain at the other end fitted to the bike? To put your foot on the ground you just move your leg away from the bike and the spindle comes out, to start up again you lift up your leg and move it so the spindle goes back through the hole.

:eek: :eek: :headshake:

Gruesome xx(

And think of all the weight you could save by chopping off your redundant feet...

Blood doping is rather gruesome, if you think about it, but racers do it.

Actually, DON'T think about it. xx(

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Ok folks, that's enough, this just isn't funny, it doesn't even stack up against a mildly amusing(to some) 'clipless' anecdote. I don't know what Snailracer was thinking of, he clearly has no concept of what makes a funny thread. Thankfully the cavalry arrived and a proper cyclist told him just how unfunny this whole idea was.

Now to the lower orders it may have appeared that the 'serious' cyclist was really posting his unfunny comments in a fit of pique after his tale of defeating two cars, thanks to his 'Keo Power', went unheeded. Or maybe we just got confused between Keo and Cleo and thought he was driving a poncy little car not riding a bike...the jury's out on that one. But thankfully the natural order has been restored and we now understand that we're not funny, clipless pedals rule and it's never, absolutely not even remotely, a subject that's worthy of mockery.

It's not come a moment too soon either, in a mad moment I popped to the shops on my bike at lunchtime, wearing trainers and using flat pedals. I managed to avoid serious injury and it only took me two hours longer than the same, 2 mile trip, using clipless pedals. I had a lucky escape and now know that it's not big and it's not clever, messing about with those dangerous flat pedals.

Think of the kids, what sort of example am I setting?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Well I had to pop over to the other side of town this morning and I wore trainers and used a bike with flat pedals, it took me 30 minutes longer than if I'd not bothered going in the first place.

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
... it may have appeared that the 'serious' cyclist was really posting his unfunny comments in a fit of pique after his tale of defeating two cars, thanks to his 'Keo Power', went unheeded...
GrasB, henceforth to be known as ... KEO MAN!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Potsy Some might say that your arrival truly heralds an end to the humour

Reading your posts I hadn't realised it had started, Mr Mardy Pedals.

Davidc

Guru
MacB, will you please answer for us the BIG question? The one which is now sorely troubling us.

What is the status, as a subgroup within this highly intellectual and most serious of issues, of flat pedals fitted with toe clips?

This is most important, for, believe it or not, there are still those who insist on using this antedeluvian technology. This despite its having been shunned by both the serious cyclists of the world, and by the remaining members of the flat earth pedals society.

Answers are needed for both the variety of toe clip which has a strap, and also for the variety which has no lateral restraint of this sort.

We must have answers, for there are those who lurk in this place who use these nefarious contraptions, and who despite having to hide in the shadows to keep their sordid secret to themselves will nonetheless be waiting anxiously for your response ............

Top Bottom