Flu / virus, did you get one this year ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Indeed...but a sniffle and sore throat is not generally caused by the flu virus (but rather the common cold or indeed an allergy). If you have the influenza virus, as you say you will be feverish and achy (as a result of the fever/virus). The criticism I think is more of people saying they have flu as a catch all for a (usually winter) snot causing virus
Absolutely....agree 100% .
(But dont forget....I'm from up north so am well 'ard and wont be affected like you Suvverners :whistle:)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Absolutely....agree 100% .
(But dont forget....I'm from up north so am well 'ard and wont be affected like you Suvverners :whistle:)
Hmmm, but I believe you're a bloke which automatically makes you a whinging wuss regardless of geography :whistle:

Started with a cough and snotty lungs on Christmas Eve, getting out of breath climbing stairs etc. I was in Cyprus and was told the whole island had it, everyone on the plane had it, and when I got back nearly everyone I spoke to had it. Still got it now but coughing fits not as bad and can climb stairs without feeling like it's the north face of the Eiger again.

midlife

Guru
Lots more people off work this year than I remember from previous years. Rumour has it that the Trust next door chose the wrong vaccine whilst our Trust chose a different one which appears to have worked!

I have been lucky so far this winter, not even a sniffle, and no flu jab, although whenever I travel on public transport I do rub Sterizar onto my hands.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Ordinarily, my wife would have joined this cabal. However, we got exactly the same bug at exactly the same time, and she took a week longer than me to get over it...........so she's gone a bit quiet on the man-flu thing.
Bet she's whinged less about it though ;) :whistle:

keithmac

Guru
Only thing I've been bedridden with in my 41 years was glandular fever, everything thing else you just get on with it!.

Lost count the amount of days I've turned up to work feeling like death warmed up..

Top Bottom