Fluid consumption.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I don't drink booze these days. My favourite post-long-hard-hot-ride recovery drink is chilled chocolate milk shake - the sugary stuff, not the type full of artificial sweeteners.

I’m more of a strawberry milk or milk shake drink. But if returning home, it’s a cold ribena with ice, then a hot green tea.

Artificial sweeteners! Devil's concoction to be avoided. Very hard to do as governments in their wisdom have made dropping sugar content in foods important but not overall sweetness, hence the replacement with artificial sweeteners. Imho before they really know they're actually safer. As someone who is made ill by that classes of chemicals it's a real pain to find they've changed the formula of a food or drink you like to now include sweeteners.

BTW I can tell if something has artificial sweeteners in it because it triggers a full on migraine within 15 minutes! I have a friend who has the similar response to artificial sweeteners! I've heard other sufferers say the same. And now there's published and peer reviewed research showing that at least one type of artificial sweeteners is toxic in that it causes cancer and other medical conditions.

Imho instead of keeping the sweetness levels when reducing sugar content food manufacturers should have reduced the sweet level as they dropped the sugar levels without adding artificial sweeteners. The issue isn't just refined sugar intake but our demand for high sweetness levels. There's a historical increase in tooth decay that happened when cheaper sugars came in from the colonies. That was the real start of this problem. It created a"taste" for sweetness,

presta

Guru
You also weigh yourself with bottles and remaining water after. The change in weight is the amount of sweat you’ve lost.

I recommend investigating the accuracy, and particularly the repeatability of your bathroom scale before jumping to that conclusion, none of the ones I've ever used are anything like good enough to make a measurement like that. Try getting on and off repeatedly and see if you get the same reading every time, and if you haven't practised the art of distributing your weight evenly, try shifting it left to right and front to back, that alone is likely to vary the reading by a kilogramme or so. If you've got it stood on a soft floor covering rather than a stout piece of blockboard you can add some more for that too.

I've recently stopped drinking, after several years of more than I should. It wasn't out of control, but I didn't like the hangovers, and I knew I was a bit more stupid after I'd had a pint. It transformed my sleep.

I notice some of the non-alcoholic beers I'm experimenting with now are actually called "isotonic drinks" - I always associate that with that awful Lucozade stuff.

Water for me. I don't drink as much as I should but I really notice when I'm drinking as much water as I need - I have so much more energy!

Oh, and Robinsons has brought out a really nice cordial made with lime and mint. Try it!

vickster

Legendary Member
last week at work as well as a cuppa every 2 hours i was having a 500 ml water bottle ( per 2 hours ) and i didnt really need to pee as it was that hot in the factory .Thats on top of about 4 mugs pre work .

Not really a typical scenario though

I think in some countries non alcoholic beer is called isotonic drink because beer is strictly defined such that it has alcohol in. I think Germany is like that with the purity laws. It seems to me the germanic non alcohol beers get isotonic tagine.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't drink booze these days.
neilsmiles-monocle.gif

Top Bottom