FNRttC FNRttC 3rd July to Brighton - the 'Genteel' ride 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Aperitif said:
And then I think about bringing Jack the Dog in a basket on the front of a (poor man's Magenta Elops3) which would cut out the mouseketeer return,

Hmmmm.... Wouldn't be the first time JtD has joined us for the return journey. We could even brake for corners this time.

arallsopp said:
Hmmmm.... Wouldn't be the first time JtD has joined us for the return journey. We could even brake for corners this time.

hmmmm, can I provisionally join you lot for the return leg......

<did I really just type that>:shy:

arallsopp

Mista Preston said:
hmmmm, can I provisionally join you lot for the return leg......

<did I really just type that>:shy:

Lol. I don't even know if I'm going yet. Aperitif, how big is that basket? Mista Preston is only small, after all, and JtD will be pleased to have something nice tasting to nip.

There's going to be an actual dog?! Excellent. My dog, as lovely as she is, does not lend herself to being transported by bike, sadly...wouldn't fancy carting her 18kg up the Beacon...

I'm seeing a Derren Brown show that evening but he should be over by 11pm...if I attend the show in cycling gear I could come afterwards...goodness that will look interesting if I end up on stage...

handbag

Aperitif said:
I'm in please, with puncture repair patch,ouli oil, and a handbag.

(Handbag competition anyone? :biggrin:)
you called me?

Grumpy Greg, forget Chanel I found your handbag which even has your initial on it.....:shy:

g4136_1.jpg

mistral

Guru
Whitstable was my first foray in the mysterious world of nocturnal cycling – strangely compelling! :shy:

So please count me in for the trip to Brighton.

arallsopp

Don't forget to budget for a nice pair of Manolos to go with it. I'm not sure if they come with SPD or Time cleats, so you might want to check before you buy.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Andrij said:
Oh, YES! ;)

BTW, what's the rider limit for this ride?
there is no numerical limit. I look at the list and weigh up the innocence and experience. On this ride we're likely to lose a lot of experience to the Dynamo.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
.......and listen, chaps. Don't worry about the handbags. There are enough lying around this house for each and every one of you.

TimO

Guru
I think I need to do this one, since I haven't managed a Brighton run yet this year, and since I'm currently using a bike with gears, I should be able to haul myself up the beacon, and prove that I can do it!

For a real challenge I should borrow Cam off of NSTN and pop her on the Yak Bob, but I don't think I'm quite that insane. Do you want to borrow the trailer NSTN, it's dead easy to fit it to most bikes. ;)

(I suppose I could pop Talisker on the trailer, he's a fair bit lighter than Cam, but much less inclined to stay where he's put, and not a big enthusiast of leads either. This is understandable, since he's more of the feline persuasion than of the canine.)

Top Bottom