FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the recce rides are faster - 16mph would be about it, once we were out of town.

From London Bridge (rather than Waterloo East) you take Tooley Street/Jamaica Road to the Rotherhithe Tunnel roundabout, and then go half right - and then go straight on to Greenwich, where the one way system turns you left. CSG is straight ahead of you - by Starbucks.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Wigsie said:
Thursday you say? hmmmm.... sneaky "meeting in london" may be on the cards here!

Are the recce rides faster? i.e. over 15.5 - 16mph?

And whats the best way (for someone that has never ridden in London)get from Waterloo East/Charing Cross to Cutty Sark Gardens at 8.30 am?

you'll have plenty of respites though, as you wait for Davy at the tops of hills:biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
MacBludgeon said:
you'll have plenty of respites though, as you wait for Davy at the tops of hills:biggrin:
I'm afraid not. I'll be right behind him shouting at the top of my lungs in approved TdF mode. If this doesn't make a climber out of him, I'll poach his kebabs!

Actually we've taken most of the hills out of the Whitstable ride...it's now almost flat!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
dellzeqq said:
I'm afraid not. I'll be right behind him shouting at the top of my lungs in approved TdF mode. If this doesn't make a climber out of him, I'll poach his kebabs!

Actually we've taken most of the hills out of the Whitstable ride...it's now almost flat!

yeah right, heard lot of mutterings on the Felpham ride about how 'Simon said this was flat'. Don't think anyone believes you anymore, still it passes. I can now think of you, and the flint path, and you're only maimed, as opposed to dead, in my imagination, so there's progress!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Davywalnuts said:
Wigsie, I can pass near Waterloo East if you want to follow me?

Cheers Davy, may well take you up on this... will have to check Thursday's schedule and let you know wednesday morning (not about tomorrow)...

Then I will happily kick MacB in the back during a cake stop at the weekend for the help.. :smile::evil:

In fact, may just do it anyway for the fun of it....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
dellzeqq said:

Ohhh no!! Please dont! They like like fuel to me! :smile:

Anyhow, a few percent gradiant up hill and am fine and you all know I more than make up for this going down hill!:smile:

theclaud said:
Love to, but they only let me out of Wales on a weekend pass. I meant the Real Thang. And sorry - I should have realised that jazz-based rhyming slang is something of a minority sport. The Woody = The Woody Herman = The German.

Thank you Claudine - every soupçon of hip language gratefully received here... :sad:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
User3143 said:
My leg is all better and am good to go, put me down please Simon. Am looking forward to the return leg already...
'tis done!

Origamist

Legendary Member
I am now a definite, not a maybe for this FNRttC. My plan is to get to Whitstable, sink a few birthday pints, have a hearty lunch, sink a few more pints, then get the train back, and sink a few more pints (you get the idea).

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Origamist said:
I am now a definite, not a maybe for this FNRttC. My plan is to get to Whitstable, sink a few birthday pints, have a hearty lunch, sink a few more pints, then get the train back, and sink a few more pints (you get the idea).

I like your style, O. Whitstable's a good bet for some decent boozers, I reckon. Anyone know the best ones?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:

Are you prepared to take the Polygraph for this Simon? :biggrin:

Given the "flatness" of this ride and potential for alcohol at the B end, I'd like to be put down for this one please :blush:

Let's all get the train and have a party in Whit Whish.. Whooshtable! Occifer!

Second thoughts - Sittingduck - you're riding back. Get the soles of your feet conditioned with surgical spirit and report for duty promptly. No alcohol between now and this ride get it? (Except the stuff you will be rubbing on your feet of course).

Lee will vouch for the pipe-busting return, so work on your hill reps for a couple of weeks prior - and no Davywalnuts "whammy wheels" excuses!!!

Or, we could stay for a beer or two...:bravo::tongue:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Let's all get the train and have a party in Whit Whish.. Whooshtable! Occifer!

Second thoughts - Sittingduck - you're riding back. Get the soles of your feet conditioned with surgical spirit and report for duty promptly. No alcohol between now and this ride get it? (Except the stuff you will be rubbing on your feet of course).

Lee will vouch for the pipe-busting return, so work on your hill reps for a couple of weeks prior - and no Davywalnuts "whammy wheels" excuses!!!

Or, we could stay for a beer or two...:bravo::tongue:

If we stay for a beer or too, I will get the urge to get lashed and not cycle home... but, will there be pubs open at the time we get there to serve refreshment of the alcoholic type and will we end up lasting the session?

Top Bottom