FNRttC FNRttC Cambridge to King's Lynn 26th August 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Registered and paid my £8. :okay: Bank ref. PH Kings Lynn
Not booking accommodation just yet in case trains are off or Senior Management gets called in for surgery.

OP
OP
LucretiaMyReflection

LucretiaMyReflection

Cool (well not the surgery, obviously).
We should find out on Saturday whether there will be a strike scheduled - I'm presuming many possible riders are waiting to see what the situation is on that front.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Cool (well not the surgery, obviously).
We should find out on Saturday whether there will be a strike scheduled - I'm presuming many possible riders are waiting to see what the situation is on that front.

I bought my train tickets quite a while ago (before the strikes were mentioned).
Fingers crossed that I make it to the start this time and (unlike Friday's York-Hull FNRttC) to the end.

OP
OP
LucretiaMyReflection

LucretiaMyReflection

I bought my train tickets quite a while ago (before the strikes were mentioned).
Fingers crossed that I make it to the start this time and (unlike Friday's York-Hull FNRttC) to the end.
They have to give two weeks notice so there shouldn't be any strikes on those days.
Waiting to see if any are announced before working out the logistics for Oxford.

Domus

Guru
Booked Premier Inn for three nights, see you in Cambridge. :hello:

OP
OP
LucretiaMyReflection

LucretiaMyReflection

Not come across Eclipse Bakery before. Is it new?
Mill Road has a number of interesting shops and decent cafés though, both sides of the railway bridge.

It's been open about 18 months. Run by the same people as Dulcedo. They moved from Hills Rd as the rent went up. The Eddington branch is still called Dulcedo and has the fancier patisserie. Eclipse is near the Cockburn St junction. Very nice pastries and excellent bread, seeded sourdough ^_^
Better than Grain Culture imo. I recommend the Cherry Bakewell Danish.

PXL_20211211_111856980.jpg

Top Bottom