FNRttC FNRttC Cambridge to Kings Lynn August 30th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
My train was late in to Leeds so I've missed my connection. I'm carrying on to York. If I get there before 21.37 I can get to Cambridge at 00.41. I don't know the route so, if I do make it, I'll need someone to wait for me.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My train was late in to Leeds so I've missed my connection. I'm carrying on to York. If I get there before 21.37 I can get to Cambridge at 00.41. I don't know the route so, if I do make it, I'll need someone to wait for me.
If no one can and you have any navigation tool, a short cut is possible Cambridge North to Milton, Landbeach, Cottenham, Wilburton, Witchford and might reach Ely cathedral to meet them.

Or there's the A10 but that's scary IMO even on quite a fast bike.

robjh

Legendary Member
If no one can and you have any navigation tool, a short cut is possible Cambridge North to Milton, Landbeach, Cottenham, Wilburton, Witchford and might reach Ely cathedral to meet them.

Or there's the A10 but that's scary IMO even on quite a fast bike.
or Cambridge, Histon, Cottenham then as above if starting from Cambridge main station - I don't know whether your train will be going on to Cambridge North or not (and Nat Rail website is currently showing it as likely to be delayed too).

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm heading back to Manchester. The London train from York was also late and there was no guarantee I'd make a connection to Cambridge from Stevenage. At best I'd be very late arriving. Some TPE bod at York suggested getting off at Peterborough and LNER would get me a taxi to Cambridge (complete with bike !) and charge TPE for the taxi fare. He cleared off when my back was turned and I didn't see him again. It wasn't something I was going to risk.

I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed to miss this ride.

Tomorrow is going to involve a long telephone call with TPE.

Enjoy yourselves.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Will have to join next time this runs, but otherwise engaged this morning, and needed my sleep ahead of today.

Outlaw Hobbs

Totally in agreement with Charlie B ^.
I fully intended to shake Nick and everyone by the hand personally before we left but it was a somewhat sudden chaotic departure from Wetherspoons to Cambridge station so sincere apologies for missing out on that pleasure . But what a fabulous ride - brief highlights for me were the surreal fen crossing on the high gravel path, the multitude of stars and planets in the in unpolluted night sky, the beautiful sunrise and of course the ferry crossing. But best of all the humour and friendly conversation and banter of like-minded eccentrics . Long live the Fridays.

fted33

Totally in agreement with Charlie B ^.
I fully intended to shake Nick and everyone by the hand personally before we left but it was a somewhat sudden chaotic departure from Wetherspoons to Cambridge station so sincere apologies for missing out on that pleasure . But what a fabulous ride - brief highlights for me were the surreal fen crossing on the high gravel path, the multitude of stars and planets in the in unpolluted night sky, the beautiful sunrise and of course the ferry crossing. But best of all the humour and friendly conversation and banter of like-minded eccentrics . Long live the Fridays.

You get fantastic big sky's up this way. You had a really clear night last night so very lucky.

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
The Thank you thread -
To Rob for keeping me on course
To Claire for a baptism of fire as All-Upper (passed with flying colours)
To Adrian - The TEC who prevents any mechanicals. Not one in 110km
To Gordon & Titus for hanging back so others could go on
To StuAff for leading the long & low round the estuary
To the patient Waymarkers
To all of you for putting up with the long re-groups

If anyone has any pics, please forward them to The Fridays email address with 'Lynn Pics' as Subject - crops, especially pumpkins welcome. And ferries.

Top Bottom