FNRttC FNRttC Cambridge to Kings Lynn August 30th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
What's the situation with bike parking at Wetherspoons in KL? Do I need to bring proper lock, cafe lock or can we bring bikes inside?
The bike racks on Ferry Street look a bit wobbly on street view. Trying cut down on pannier weight this time (4.5kg last outing :training:).

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
bike parking at Wetherspoons in KL
There are gates round the back (Ferry Street) to the garden. Should be warm enough to sit outside.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There are gates round the back (Ferry Street) to the garden. Should be warm enough to sit outside.
The gates never used to be open but I've not been in since 2016. Are they opening them special?

Just in case: the concreted-in bike racks are usually OK because it can be seen from the bar people are walking past to and from the nearby the car park. The loose toast racks are OK when they've other bikes in them but the council should put them back on the market square where they're more secure :cursing: Bike theft stats look bad in town but if you lock a bike, you're doing better than 5% of locals and if your lock is stronger than a 5mm cable, you're better than 50%!

rvw

Guru
Could anyone possibly lend us a small pannier? We've driven over (returning Sunday, don't worry) and I forgot that the rack pack doesn't have quite enough space for extra layers.

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
First mechanical being sorted, most of us aren't even on our bikes yet.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Anyone getting to Cambridge early? I've just ridden up from London. Currently dining in 'spoons (The Regal).

Top Bottom