FNRttC FNRttC Cambridge to Kings Lynn August 30th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru
Spring Cleaning:

Gentle reminders to enter: @Andrew Br ; @rvw (unless @srw is riding the tandem alone)
@spark303 - if you can't come, please email The Fridays (or PM me) with your registered name.

Thanks.
Er... I'm the one who has registered. @srw is the one who still needs to do his paperwork!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've finally registered.
Sorry for the delay Nick, I forgot to do it last w/e and I've been away with work for three nights (two of them in King's Lynn) and I didn't have my CUK info with me.
I did take a bike though and on Monday, I rode up from Brigg to within sight of the South Ferriby cement works and the Humber Bridge.
There is a picture although it doesn't show the bridge towers very well.
IMG_20190819_173241[1].jpg

Work circumstances mean that I'll be in KL again Tue-Thu next week. I could swing it to stay over 'til Friday and they'd pick up the tab for the extra night in the hotel but I've already bought the train tickets and it would mean driving home after the ride.
There's no way I would do that. Nor should anybody else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
We had a cow standoff on the recce just on the edge of Cambridge (Stourbridge Common?). Someone said it was marked on Strava as Cow Road. Might need guidance, not many cows in Muswell Hill, just the Mums in Volvo 4x4's.

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
I tried "pig-hooey" but for obvious reasons that didn't work :laugh:
"Shoo" whilst slowly pushing through the group usually works. They shift down onto the bank. If you're unlucky, they move into your way.
The calves are much older, it's the spring when's there's most trouble.

Having problems with the formatting ⬆️

Pheasants hurtling suicidally out of bushes are probably a bigger hazard tbh.

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
Followed the Fen Rivers Ways route from Cambridge to King's Lynn earlier this year, so did that stretch of path then. Agree, it is in better condition than the Ely section. Also they haven't stuck a flyover across the river obstructing the view at Lynn!

Top Bottom