FNRttC FNRttC Cambridge to Kings Lynn August 30th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Seriously considering this, quite possibly on a tandem (so long as we can sort the technicalities of transport). It's been too long!
Oh that would be marvellous, really lovely. As you say, it's been too long....

mmmmartin

Random geezer
square it with my long suffering wife now
Dear @Glow worm
My experience is that this is an easy problem to solve. All you do is throw money at it.
So ... "Sunday lunch in that expensive, exclusive restaurant would be far nicer than a tedious Friday night in the pub. You're worth it. Let's spend."
And it's better if you offer to drive because
A) it cuts about thirty quid off the bill cos you don't drink and
B) you get masses of Brownie points.

Happy days.....

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Dear @Glow worm
My experience is that this is an easy problem to solve. All you do is throw money at it.
So ... "Sunday lunch in that expensive, exclusive restaurant would be far nicer than a tedious Friday night in the pub. You're worth it. Let's spend."
And it's better if you offer to drive because
A) it cuts about thirty quid off the bill cos you don't drink and
B) you get masses of Brownie points.

Happy days.....

I like your thinking there sir!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Might be worth checking it over while it's a decent day...
It turns out that the Santana is working remarkably well, considering it hasn't been out of the garage for the last couple of years. The cables could probably do with some grease, and the chains could use some lube. And I could do with a bit more fitness!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
In other news, I'm looking at trains. I really fancy this ride but getting to Cambridge and home from Kings Lynn isn't easy (or cheap).

I've looked at trains and I've bought tickets.
Not too expensive but I'll spend a lot of time travelling.
My train to Cambridge is due in at 23.41 so I may miss the safety talk (but I think I know most of it).
I'm really looking forward to this ride, I just need to find something to do in King's Lynn before my train back. It leaves at 13.44.
Pub ?

Now to fill in the form.
I might leave that 'til morning.

Last edited:

ianmac62

Guru
... I just need to find something to do in Kings Lynn before my train back ...
You might look at the Market Place with Trinity Guildhall and the Hanseatic Warehouse, the Custom House on the quayside, and King Street and St George's Guildhall.

The town celebrates to some extent its Hanseatic links. A succession of local merchants were appointed honorary German consuls. Our favourite German is currently engaged in another bike ride.

IMG_1268.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Search for "Love West Norfolk" to find tourism info I think. There are two market places, the big square Tuesday one and the smaller Saturday one by the minster and town hall which hosts a gaol museum. The main Lynn Museum is in the bus station, sadly, but at least there's plentiful bike parking by it. A short ride past the station is The Walks, a grade 2 listed landscape, and if you still want to ride and have time, Sandringham royal estate is about an hour's ride beyond it up National 1 and that's often rated one of Britain's best bike rides (it's pretty good but that also says bad things about cycling in Britain IMO!)

Top Bottom