FNRttC FNRttC Cambridge to Kings Lynn August 30th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I'll say it was on the recce.
Famous Fridays ride leaders phrases # 1: "It wasn't like this on the recce!"

I once did the recce in November because I had a busy year coming up, the ride - across the Netherlands - was in July. Surprisingly, "it wasn't like this on the recce" only once, when an entire bridge had been removed.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
an impressively looming dark hulk when you get up close to it at midnight.
This could be said of a number of Fridays members, TBH

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'm so tempted by this ride. Never done a FNRTTC before but always read the write ups and enjoy hugely from my armchair. My biggest problem is that's my wife's birthday so may risk divorce if I sign up. Hmmm decisions.

Quick question - I live just off the Lodes Way - assuming that's part of the route, would it be possible to tag along near Lode or the Swaffhams?

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Famous Fridays ride leaders phrases # 1: "It wasn't like this on the recce!"

I said that once when a grumpy pensioner complained that some mud was getting between his tyre and the close fitting mudguard.

It really hadn't been like that on the recce but, surprisingly given it was Manchester, it had rained in the week between the recce and the actual FNRttC.
IIRC, there was only one complaint but then there was only one grumpy pensioner on the ride..............

In other news, I'm looking at trains. I really fancy this ride but getting to Cambridge and home from King's Lynn isn't easy (or cheap).

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'm sorry, but we don't allow riders to join mid- route. We have a safety briefing for all at the start, and we can't predict timings or guarantee not to change our course.
Hope you can reach a domestic solution and meet us in Cambridge.

Thanks - that makes perfect sense, totally understandable and I can see how tricky it would be with folks joining along the way. it’s no problem for me to nip into Cambridge.

I just need to square it with my long suffering wife now! Thanks again and hope to be there.

Top Bottom