FNRttC FNRttC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sbird

Über Member
<snippity> ah, given your posting name, you must be the bloke who was telling me about the tandem experiences of your brother. Presumably he'll be Pete. That was me (and Mrs. Hall) on the Pino.

Indeed he is. Shameless plug alert. Now doing his business here, here and here

I later got the explanation about how two became one during the ride. Somewhat confused as I thought you may have had an identical twin.

Simon, your brother needs to 'have an audience' with Tim - and design a carriage fit for a Queen... it is only fair!

Nice write up Frank. As agreed, we are 'going in soft' before the big shock waves of the day arrive...

- hey! it's still 'that day!'

(I just wrote to one of my French friends about our modest bar bill - 'putain de merde!' came the reply. Still, it gave us the appetite for another couple of bars before 'Aux Villes du Nord' - and our date that didn't make it...

Three days in good company. three totally different experiences and I can only apologise now...:blush:

The 'Lundi Paris Ride' is a tap-in for title of the season. If you can wear a Fridays jersey, you can be in Paris in two and a half hours.

Meanwhile.
Want to do the Paris-Brest-Paris?
Want to show off your Fridays jersey?

2je226d.jpg

Been there, done that! Sorry. :biggrin: We love you all - < it's a figure of speech for some>

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Don't post here much but just had to say this ride sounded a blast and geat fun........Reading this thread this morning on the train, made my journey so much more interesting.

Simon, your brother needs to 'have an audience' with Tim - and design a carriage fit for a Queen... it is only fair!

Nice write up Frank. As agreed, we are 'going in soft' before the big shock waves of the day arrive...

- hey! it's still 'that day!'

(I just wrote to one of my French friends about our modest bar bill - 'putain de merde!' came the reply. Still, it gave us the appetite for another couple of bars before 'Aux Villes du Nord' - and our date that didn't make it...

Three days in good company. three totally different experiences and I can only apologise now...:blush:

The 'Lundi Paris Ride' is a tap-in for title of the season. If you can wear a Fridays jersey, you can be in Paris in two and a half hours.

Meanwhile.
Want to do the Paris-Brest-Paris?
Want to show off your Fridays jersey?

2je226d.jpg

Been there, done that! Sorry. :biggrin: We love you all - < it's a figure of speech for some>

'Bligh click on the Pic...it enlarges and you get a right Eyefull... haha

Will be blogging and uploading photos later this week, but wanted to touch base and say I am back at home.

My tweet feed wasn't all that comprehensive, and followers may have wondered about my whereabouts. In fact, I wondered myself at various stages.

I had two falls, two punctures, cycled through two thunderstorms and changed route strategy twice. Blood, sweat and thoughts of tears, it was.

I left Dieppe for Evreux for an overnight stay. On Saturday I cycled to my parents place in Belgium. That was 325 km and I arrived just after 11 in the evening to a great welcome, of course.

Have enjoyed reading the various groups' experiences. What a weekend!

You beat me Els - two falls to one. Mine was in slow motion as we turned during our storming of The Bastille yesterday. I did 'cut' myself, but only beer flowed out :blush:
Hailstones are invigorating beyond compare and it was testing to ride under prolonged downpours, Miranda doing particularly well for a first adventure ride, and Titus plugging away with his Brompton - as did Olaf and Stuart. Come to think of it, all three of them are a bit odd aren't they... that glassy eyed stare, that squeak when they walk nearby...hmmm.
:smile:
From start to finish it was all fun.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This trip has inspired me, am going to do De Panne and Westvleteren in an overnighter at the end of September. Don't suppose anyone's done any touring round there before have they?

Yes, I have. It's flatter than a flat thing but not uninteresting and a visit to the monastery brewery to sample the delights of the 6, 8 and 12% Westvleteren beers is a must.
You can get a decent lunch there too.

http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/home.htm

BTW, well done to you lot - it sounds like a great trip.

You all get top school marks from me; in fact you're Champs de Lycee and good that you're all talking pave :wacko:

Riding from London...

jh81t2.jpg

...to Newhaven

2vrydxj.jpg

Dieppe

2ut3voi.jpg

and

2hrk76w.jpg

Yes, I have. It's flatter than a flat thing but not uninteresting and a visit to the monastery brewery to sample the delights of the 6, 8 and 12% Westvleteren beers is a must.
You can get a decent lunch there too.

http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/home.htm
Thanks Rich, flat suits me right down to the ground..... I've had the Westvleterens before but once once or twice for each, they're as rare as hens teeth (and pricey too). De Panne and Veurne look pretty interesting, and the route goes through plenty of the WW1 stuff to be interesting.

I think next year I might go for the Chemin des dames a bit further down, have driven it and it's ace.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so would we do it again next year?

If people are enthusiastic I'll probably write to LD Lines and suggest that they make more space available for bikes.

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes. Very good,Tim, as per... I like the Turners Hill sequence too.

Yes - just got round to reading the thread properly and following the photo links so I've now worked out what Adrian's comment was referring to. Thanks for that, Tim; I'm pleased with how the jersey looks!

Top Bottom