FNRttC FNRttC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I seeeeeee......

good luck

StuartG

slower but further
Resurrecting this thread in the vain hope someone has the GPX of the DZ's favourite route from Dieppe to Gisors we took on this or subsequent FNRttC rides to Paris. Hoping to revisit it next week! Maybe @redfalo ?

Last edited:

frank9755

Cyclist
Resurrecting this thread in the vain hope someone has the GPX of the DZ's favourite route from Dieppe to Gisors we took on this or subsequent FNRttC rides to Paris. Hoping to revisit it next week! Maybe @redfalo ?

Sorry, Stuart - after I read this I went to look at the map. I don't have a record of the actual route that Simon took but I've ridden it so many times I could have given you the route from my head. But when I saw the map, I started daydreaming and completely forgot - and just remembered on seeing this again now. Hope you had a good ride to Gisors anyway.

PS Was it you guys who were waving at Gatwick yesterday when I went past, drafting an old car? It was a group of c.20 riders waiting by the airport just before the tunnel.

StuartG

slower but further
Sorry, Stuart - after I read this I went to look at the map. I don't have a record of the actual route that Simon took but I've ridden it so many times I could have given you the route from my head. But when I saw the map, I started daydreaming and completely forgot - and just remembered on seeing this again now. Hope you had a good ride to Gisors anyway.
Yes. Report here: https://anerleybc.org/purley-paris-purley-nearly/ - sorry if that's a wordplay on places you probably hold so dear!

PS Was it you guys who were waving at Gatwick yesterday when I went past, drafting an old car? It was a group of c.20 riders waiting by the airport just before the tunnel.
Probably. We had set off at 8:15 from Brighton Road so it would have been around 9am. We then enjoyed the bargain food and drink from the scouts in Crawley before getting to Brighton before midday. I went through that same tunnel on the way back [by mistake].

frank9755

Cyclist
Thread resurrect:
I've just been for a bike ride in France and have 5 hours in Dieppe before my ferry home. So I've been round looking at the places I went to with @Aperitif and @Miranda, the last time I was let loose here, and reading up about Andy Schleck's Galibier attack, that we watched in one of the bars.
Good times!

EDIT: meant to ask @martint235 for tips on things to do in Dieppe...

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.10.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.10.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.21.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.21.png
    461 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.30.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.30.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.40.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.40.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.52.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 20.14.52.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 20
(Can't find a better place to ask this, so here goes:smile:
I've seen the email invite to join the ride JUST to Newhaven (16th June 2023?), the 1st leg of this year's Paris road-trip. my questions:
- is it a normal midnight departure? (with a view to a nice safety margin for the 11am Sat sailing?)
- I'd quite like to visit Belle France if I'm already in Newhaven! Would extra people on the ferry be in the way? (or breaching etiquette)
(probably just a semi-long weekend - be nice to test the logistics before I make the longer trip to PBP in August)

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've seen the email invite to join the ride JUST to Newhaven (16th June 2023?), the 1st leg of this year's Paris road-trip. my questions:
- is it a normal midnight departure? (with a view to a nice safety margin for the 11am Sat sailing?)
- I'd quite like to visit Belle France if I'm already in Newhaven! Would extra people on the ferry be in the way? (or breaching etiquette)
(probably just a semi-long weekend - be nice to test the logistics before I make the longer trip to PBP in August)

It's a 23.00 departure.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

@rb58 @Trickedem I imagine would have no objections to you joining us on the ferry- and I doubt one more bike would bother DFDS.
EDIT: registration now open.

Top Bottom